PDA

View Full Version : Lubing outdoors

bishopgrandpa
07-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Upstate New York rarely sees days temperature above 90 degrees. We have had 4 days in a row above 95 so I took the Saeco lube-sizer outdoors to see if the lube would flow without the heater to soften it up. It did so without a problem except fpr one thing. ME! This 70 year old can't stand in that kind of heat. I have heard of others doing this and I have to give you a tip o' the hat. To much for me.

Shooter6br
07-08-2010, 01:21 PM
I read that some lubes melt above 95 degrees .Problem is I melt at that temp also. I am only 54 years young LOL

Phat Man Mike
07-08-2010, 01:21 PM
so your saying the lube was soft and you where sweaty :) that's how it works around my house !

sirgknight
07-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Now all you need to do is add the high humidity that we have along with that kind of heat every year. When we walk outside we get a natural sauna bath, clothes and all.

qajaq59
07-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Yesterday it was hotter up in NYC then it was here in SC Florida. You boys just need to move down here. :bigsmyl2:

gray wolf
07-08-2010, 04:42 PM
I don't have to go out side, it has been so hot here that it's now the same inside as it is out side.
Yesterday was 96 out side and 92 inside, and let me tell you it can get very taxing on some of us. We have no air conditioning, the windows in the camp slide back and forth--not up and down. so a air conditioner is very expensive.
It's at the point now that we must do as little as possible so as to not over heat,
also must keep the dogs cool.

Sam

qajaq59
07-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Most of us older guys remember when there was no such thing as AC. That's why homes had porches and swings. And boy, am I glad those days are gone!!!!! :mrgreen: