PDA

View Full Version : made a find this weekend

iron mule
07-06-2010, 08:21 PM
well fellas i guess it is my turn to tell you about the find i made this past week end

so far i have got about 10 boxes of dies these are new old stock and by boxes i don't mean the boxes the dies come in i am talking about boxes approx 12 inches deep by 14 inches square full of die sets /// a few boxes of assorted reloading tools trimmers , scales , all kinds of stuff in all brands /// 8 boxes of vintage cartridges in the original packages//// and to top it off 3 boxes of molds still in original boxes most that i have checked in about 1/2 a box are ideal brand//// to give you a better idea of this haul it took two trips of my dually to haul it all back to the shop/////// the best part is total price for the whole shooting match was 400.00//// know that i am kinda bragging on this but main reason to post this was to let you all know that there are still some deals to be found out there if you keep your eyes open and look for them//////// and no i did not take advantage of some widow lady this all came from a shop that had been closed for about 30 years the people that had bought the building had it stored and no interest in it /// i even offered to pay them more but all they wanted was to get rid of it///////////// you all keep sniffing and i hpe that you can get lucky like i did one day
mule

ps mods if this is in the wrong area feel free to move it to proper place /// thanks

No_1
07-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Great find! This just goes to show us that every once in a while someone finds the pot of gold....

Muddy Creek Sam
07-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Howdy mule,

Boy back to baseball? Did you get any 7.62x39 Russian Stuff, Just starting to look.

Sam :D

iron mule
07-06-2010, 08:53 PM
HEY SAM
i have been busy lately sent you a pm
mule

gnoahhh
07-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Yes, it is sweet to stumble onto a deal like that. The same sort of thing happened to me a few years ago, not shooting related though. A kid came up to me while I was pumping gas into my MGA Twin Cam and asked me if I was interested in acquiring a "race car" similar to mine, for free. Upon investigation, the "race car" turned out to be a Bugeye Sprite, complete, rust free, with a truck-full of extra parts. The kid and his brother had rented a back-alley garage with the aim of opening a shop of their own only to find this "junk" in their way. Their landlord told them it had belonged to a previous tenant from 20 years before and told them they could dispose of it as they saw fit. Without letting the guy out of my sight, I called a buddy with a rollback and whisked it out of there! All for free. I flipped it to a fellow club racer for $4000 who was tickled with the bargain. Yep, they're still out there!