PDA

View Full Version : New Rules

SciFiJim
07-05-2010, 11:56 PM
I just read the new rules. So what changed? Mind your manners and don't :takinWiz: in someone elses cornflakes and everything should be fine right?

Lee
07-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Methinks there might have been some aboriginies in the cornflakes. Periodically, a seller gets on here, and dishonest or not, floods the board with his "sales".
Speaking out of turn, I think the owner/mods wish to see some meaningful contributions from members, not just a selling frenzy.
Mods???

357maximum
07-07-2010, 03:58 AM
Simply put, we are rapidly approaching 15,000 members here and it was time to state some things a little clearer to better serve the needs of our little oasis.

Jim's synopsis about sums it up though :lol:

Hickory
07-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Sometimes harsh actions are needed to convince people to control themselves.
Maybe after the first warning a 30 day suspension from the site,
The second offence, a 90 day suspension. Then what ever you chose
For anything after that.
Just my thoughts on the subject.

MtGun44
07-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Wow! 15000 is amazing. Still 99.9% are playing nice, which is great.

Bill

geargnasher
07-10-2010, 12:35 PM
I noticed some of the particularly abrasive and neurotic newer members have faded away on their own, good to know some things run their course.

Gear

Crash_Corrigan
07-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Wow...it seems just like a few months ago we were at 1,500 members and we were amazed. I just cannot believe that we have grown so much so fast.

We are so lucky to have a group of founding fathers that set this site up and ran it so well so we all have a nice home to enjoy and to grow our sport.

I am on this site every day a couple of times a day just to keep up with what is going on amongst the membership. The humor and political discussions are always fun and sometimes I even find something on the the selling forum to buy.

It is amazing and I hope it continues to keep on going....

montana_charlie
07-10-2010, 01:00 PM
If the abrasive/neurotic can be identified early, and have his mettle tested promptly, it is predictable that he will quickly self-deport or learn to assimilate...if not comforted under the wing of the overly protective.

CM

9.3X62AL
07-11-2010, 02:40 AM
I like how ya think, Charlie. "SKIN THAT ONE, PILGRIM!" Perfect.

stephen perry
07-11-2010, 12:14 PM
All in all this a site to learn Cast. The gun ownership issues should be left alone. Especially when Posters use computer means to expose one's property, vehicles, and family. I have access to all the computer tools also to locate anybody but I don't, would wish that others don't track using URL's, Thomas Bros Real Estate Info, Pacel Data, GPS tracker and other electronic means to out somebody they don't agree with. I won't use my search methods on anybody appreciate they don't do me. Nobody can hide from survelliance in todays World.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Duckiller
07-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Mr. Perry please let me politely disagree with you here instead of areas where people have gotten excited. Without gun ownership I have no reason to cast boolits, will have to go back to casting split shot. Stalking of any kind is not acceptable behavior and is considered a crime.

waksupi
07-11-2010, 09:15 PM
If people keep picking away, you will get to see first-hand how some of these rules work.

Heavy lead
07-11-2010, 09:51 PM
I hate to appear stupid, but where are these new rules posted?

Recluse
07-11-2010, 10:22 PM
I hate to appear stupid, but where are these new rules posted?

I was wondering the same thing myself, along with what precipitated it and who caused it?

Saw something above about "selling" and my rules for buying here have been real simple: If I check the recent posts and almost all have been on Selling & Swapping, I just pass 'em on by. Prefer to buy from members who contribute in various areas of Cast Boolits rather than just those whose only reason to be here is to sell things.

:coffee:

waksupi
07-12-2010, 12:59 AM
Cast Boolits Rules

Although the administrators and moderators of Cast Boolits will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Cast Boolits, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

Please remember that we strive to make our site appeal to the broadest range of people possible. This includes all age groups, nationalities, both genders etc. Things you may not find offensive may be to others and will be removed as such. This is not anything personal and should not be taken that way. It is required to meet the standard.

We discuss some controversial topics from time to time and tempers sometimes get the better of people. When you feel your temper rising, take some time off and do something else before you post. It is easy to post something in haste that is poorly stated and emotion driven. Instead, take time to think rationally then state your case as fluently as possible. That will go a lot further in proving your point than name calling and emotional tirades. Abrasive, aggressive and caustic posts will be removed.

The Swapping and Selling sub-forum and the group buys sub-forum have some additional rules members need to be aware of before using it.

1.) Access to the swapping and selling area is restricted to members with either more than 30 days membership or those with more than 25 posts. This again is a necessary restriction to prevent spammers and people who just wish to hawk their wares without being true “Members” of the site.

2.) We also do not allow Ebay links,plugs, or notices on Swapping and selling.

3.) Items for sale on S&S must be for sale ONLY there. No cross forum sales. If you would prefer to sell the item elsewhere, you are free to do so, just do not post it here as well.

4.) Disparaging comments about others Sale items or prices are strictly forbidden.

5.) Swapping and Selling is for member sales only and is not a place for vendors. If you are in a business that sells CB related materials, please contact 45Nut (site owner) about becoming a vendor sponsor.

6.) All business transactions, regardless of location (S&S or group buys) are between the individual parties. A group buy is between the Honcho and the buyers, private transactions are between the buyer and seller, vendor transactions between the vendor and the buyer. The Staff and ownership of the board has NO involvement or responsibility in this process.

The owners of Cast Boolits reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason with or without notifying the membership. While we strive to maintain a minimal footprint, the staff cannot openly debate every edit as there simply is not time to do so and maintain the forum.

By joining our forum, you acknowledge that you have read and intend to comply with the rules. You also acknowledge that failure to do so can and will result in your removal from the forum if deemed necessary by the ownership.

If you need help, please PM any of the moderators or Staff, we try to have staff from different regions to cover as much time as possible, but we do have lapses where we are not immediately available. By recording your concern in a PM it allows the staff to pass it to the person most capable of addressing your concern and maintaining it in your own words so we do not have mis-communications. See below for a list of Moderators and Staff.

Moderators

357Maximum
BigJohn
BuckShot
Dk17HMR
Dromia
Fishhawk
Garandsrus
Gon2shoot
MT Gianni
No 1
RobertBank
RugerMan1
Trey45
Waksupi
Wiljen

Administrators
45Nut
Gunload Master

stephen perry
07-12-2010, 08:57 AM
I read them again yesterday.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

45nut
07-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I was wondering the same thing myself, along with what precipitated it and who caused it?

Frankly,, they had not been updated in 5 years and did not reflect current rules we had put in place since opening the site.

Recluse
07-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Frankly,, they had not been updated in 5 years and did not reflect current rules we had put in place since opening the site.

Makes sense.

The town has grown just a wee bit since the Shooter.com days.

The fact that it gets along so well and that there is so little criminal activity speaks volumes about the quality of both leadership and membership here--proving that left to its own devices, decent and moral society CAN successfully police its own and take care of itself.

theperfessor
07-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Except for the Swapping and Selling areas, the rules remind me a lot of those that govern papers and panel discussions at professional conferences and seminars. Even then the discussions can get a little "warm" but challenging facts is acceptable and the way truth is discovered; challenging the authors/presenters personally is a no-no.

Not a bad model to follow at all.

Just to add to Recluse's comment. When a new member posts a bunch of overly broad but short messages lacking in detail and focus in just a couple days I always watch S & S and yep, a lot of them go right to it as soon as their 25 posts have been made.

geargnasher
07-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Just to add to Recluse's comment. When a new member posts a bunch of overly broad but short messages lacking in detail and focus in just a couple days I always watch S & S and yep, a lot of them go right to it as soon as their 25 posts have been made.

Ahhhh, good observation. I've noticed a handfull of new members doing that, like they don't really care about the responses and don't participate much in the threads they start.

Gear

wiljen
07-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Except for the Swapping and Selling areas, the rules remind me a lot of those that govern papers and panel discussions at professional conferences and seminars. Even then the discussions can get a little "warm" but challenging facts is acceptable and the way truth is discovered; challenging the authors/presenters personally is a no-no.

Not a bad model to follow at all.

Guilty as charged, I wrote the first draft and that is exactly what I modeled it after was the debate rules from my professional organization.

theperfessor
07-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Well you did a good job.