PDA

View Full Version : The next pig bomb?

crabo
07-05-2010, 08:30 PM
I got this from Big Ryan's website.

http://www.brtradingfort.com/apps/videos/videos/show/9037379-pythons-in-s-fl-

TCLouis
07-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Last I read the sate was limiting the taking of the pythons.

Since no native snake gets that big and they are breeding quite well, FL should encourage folks to kill every one they see.

The bad thing is that they will spread from reservoirs where folks don't normally go.

steg
07-06-2010, 02:14 AM
They put a limit on them? heck they should be putting a bounty on them............steg

GabbyM
07-06-2010, 11:01 AM
They put a limit on them? heck they should be putting a bounty on them............steg

Story I saw last year was you had to have a special permit from the State to kill them. Leave it up to poloticians hey. What is wierd is the US government allows these animals to be legaly imported. Talk about stupid. Florida also has some Monitor Lizards out. Many excaped during Huricane Andrew when houses were knocked down. Legaly imported with a cheap permit. :mad:

I'd like to see Florida try prosecuting a man for kiling a Python or Kamoto Dragon.

Big Ryan
07-06-2010, 10:33 PM
New law goes into effect for FL tomorrow that makes owning a Python illegal now if puchased after 7/7/10. Just to bad it don't cover all the snakes people already have. I think they should all be micro chipped and the owners take a special class in order to own them.

"Pythons and horses (HBs 709 and 765)

Following a 2009 incident in which a 2 year-old Sumter County girl was killed in her home by a pet Burmese python and a large spike in the numbers of the abandoned exotic snakes now living in the Everglades, the purchase and acquisition of the snakes is now illegal. The state ban will not affect snakes purchased prior to today and also will cover other exotic reptiles, including Nile monitor lizards"