PDA

View Full Version : sharps rifle

wgr
07-04-2010, 01:54 AM
could you guys explain to me the biff. between the shiloh sharps and the c. sharps? thinks bill

NickSS
07-04-2010, 05:24 AM
They are build a different ends of the same street in Big Timber Montana. Shiloh makes the entire gun and C Sharps uses supplyers for the parts of their rifles. Both are premium grade products that in my opinion are the best of the best when it comes to sharps rifles. I have rifles from both outfits and they are hard to tell apart except for the shape of the fore arm tip as the snebles are different shapes. As for accuracy they shoot better than I can hold but I have gotten average groups of arouns 1.5 MOA for a 10 shot group all the way out to 600 yards with both companies rifles. The single best 10 shot group I ever fired was from my Shiloh 45-70 ;pmg range express. It was 10 shots all of them in the X ring of a standart 25 yard pistol target with room left over (center to center was 7/8 inch).

Freightman
07-04-2010, 09:50 AM
You will not have to wait as long for a C. Sharps.

wgr
07-04-2010, 11:46 PM
thinks fo the info guys would love to get one but the price is out there

Boz330
07-05-2010, 05:12 PM
thinks fo the info guys would love to get one but the price is out there

Quality costs money, but I sure understand, there are no new firearms from either company in my future. Upside is that I have 2 C-Sharps rifles, 1-75 Sharps and a Hi-wall. Also a Red Willow Ballard that consumes as much of my time as I can give right now. I saved a long time for my Hi-wall but never regretted it and it will probably be with me till I can't shoot it anymore. The 75 was a present to myself for an exceptionally good year in business. The Ballard just happened, long story with a good ending.

Bob

wgr
07-05-2010, 09:12 PM
yes i understand quality cost. i was looking and the c. sharps seems to be a little less pricey than the shiloh sharp. is that becouse c.sharps out sourses some of their work? might get rid of some of my auto shotguns and buy one. what is your thinking on the sharp bussness rifle? hope i dont ask to many questions. thinks bill

EDK
07-05-2010, 09:59 PM
C. Sharps and Shiloh both make good rifles, BUT Shiloh has unbelievable customer service and support. My next rifle will be another Shiloh...and a MVA telescope.

Go to shilohrifle.com/forums and do some reading. You don't hear ANY complaints there about the guns and service.

MT Chambers
07-05-2010, 11:26 PM
I really like the fact that C. Sharps uses Badger barrels, the best in my humble opinion, that and I won't wait 2 years for a rifle to be made, what do they think it is, a bullet mold??

Lead pot
07-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Call Shiloh once a week and see if they have one on the rack for sale.
Shiloh is #1 as far as customer service.

Kurt

07-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Just like any thing else, as has been posted, you pay up front for quality. And, if in the future you decide to sell then that means higher resale value. You can also shop around for these in very good to near new condition- Gunbroker, Auction Arms, various classifieds, etc. I have both types and have an original 1874 Sharps. I have to say that the CSA comes the closest to the original in some subtle ways. My Shiloh's exterior finish "bling" is slightly better than my CSA's. The Badger barrel on my CSA is extremely good. There seems to be more buzz and hype about the Shiloh- (where some just say "Shiloh" instead of saying "Sharps").... maybe a better marketing plan, a dedicated Shiloh Forum, tuned customer service or cosmetic eye appeal. But, IMO, both types are right up there at the top for quality. You can't go wrong with either.