PDA

View Full Version : Finally mine turn in the barrel / and wives yes you do have to love Em

gray wolf
07-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Had to make the trip to get food today, 70 miles down and back.
You got to love Maine, anyway on the way down wife Say's
" is the reason for you being so cranky lately because your out of metal to cast"

So I try to explain that -- well it's because my back has been hurting me and the muscles in my legs hurt when I walk.
She Say's I know --but whats the real reason.
I say well a little metal to cast with wouldn't hurt.
She Say's "what about the V.I.P. auto center it's on the way"
I say "yea right --those big places don't give away anything, they probly sell them back for knew stuff. "
So we go in any way to return some auto scratch remover we got for the new truck that didn't work and I get into a huff with the guy about returning the bottle of useless stuff. Then I remember the WW's --I think wow this kid must hate me
now--so I ask anyway and he is trying to sell me new WW's.
I say know I want old WW's, he Say's Oh we get credit for those against new WW's---- But--come in the back. Here he Say's take these just bring the buckets back. So I get them home and dump them in a 5 Gal. pale and it's over flowing.
I can't believe I got a whole pale of WW's and the cost was nothing, Nada,zip.
So I guess I will get about at least 75 pounds of metal from them Eh.
I can get another 75# of lead from my friend and make My 50/50 alloy.
I will be good to go for another little while.
Do you think I should hold back some WW metal and leave it UN mixed for the wifes 40 Beretta ?--50/50 may be to soft Eh. ?
I had some tin I got from the guy's on the forum but it's gone now.
If I don't add tin to the 50/50 mix will it be OK ?
Sorry for the long post but I am so happy I can cast again

OH AND YES THE KID SAID HE DRANK BUD BEER--SO THAT'S A GIVEN.

SAM

mooman76
07-03-2010, 05:20 PM
You never did say. Did he take the useless scratch remover back?

HeavyMetal
07-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Think I'd save that "useless" scratch remover buy a 12 pack O" bud and go see that kid once a month!

gray wolf
07-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Yes he took it back and I left on very good terms. I will see him once a month when we do our food shopping,
Beer in one hand and an empty bucket in the other.

Blammer
07-03-2010, 07:12 PM
straight ww's for the 40 should be fine

and yes your 50/50 mix with no tin should be just fine.

gray wolf
07-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Thank you, BLAMMER

SAm

geargnasher
07-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Straight WW water-dropped may work a bit better for the .40, but they may run fat through the sizer and may not want to chamber in the gun when loaded.

If you moulds are good and hot, I mean frosty-boolit hot, you will get perfect fillout without additional tin. I just don't like to cast that hot, personally, so I add tin, plus the tin "seems" to make the WW boolits tougher in some expansion tests I've done. For general plinking no matter about the tin.

Gear

frankenfab
07-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Happy day! I bet you will get alot more than 75 lbs. net, too!

mooman76
07-03-2010, 09:12 PM
I used staight WWs in my 40. Even without water dropping it did good in my Glock.