PDA

View Full Version : Anti fog wax

crabo
07-03-2010, 02:51 PM
I used to have a reaaly good antifog wax for my glasses. I can't find any around here. It was pink in a small round container. It worked better than anything I have had since.

Anyone have a good recommendation?

Thanks,

Trey45
07-03-2010, 02:59 PM
I have always used plain old liquid dish soap, rub lenses with it, let it dry, then polish with a soft cloth. NO fog at all.

markinalpine
07-03-2010, 03:16 PM
The same people who make Rain-X market an anti-fog cloth wipe for inside your windshield. That might be something you could try.
Mark :coffeecom

montana_charlie
07-03-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm sure glad to read that this discussion is about fighting fog on eyeglasses.
I was afraid it was a recommendation for a new bullet lube ingredient...!

CM

markinalpine
07-03-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm sure glad to read that this discussion is about fighting fog on eyeglasses.
I was afraid it was a recommendation for a new bullet lube ingredient...!

CM

SSSHHH!!! :groner:

Quiet, you'll give somebody ideas. Add Rain-X to you lube for foul weather shooting. :veryconfu

Mark :coffee:

AZ-Stew
07-03-2010, 04:07 PM
SSSHHH!!! :groner:

Quiet, you'll give somebody ideas. Add Rain-X to you lube for foul weather shooting. :veryconfu

Mark :coffee:

We could have used some of that at the 2010 Nevada Cast Boolit Shoot.

Regards,

Stew

hiram
07-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Rain-X made an anti-fog spray in a yellow spray-pump bottle.

BD
07-03-2010, 07:14 PM
When kayaking I used to use a product called "Cat C***" that came in a little round red plastic container. I haven't seen it for a couple of years, but Eastern Mountain Sports still lists it. I see the censor won't allow the second half of the name. It starts with a "c" and ends in "P"
BD

crabo
07-03-2010, 07:39 PM
When kayaking I used to use a product called "Cat C***" that came in a little round red plastic container. I haven't seen it for a couple of years, but Eastern Mountain Sports still lists it. I see the censor won't allow the second half of the name. It starts with a "c" and ends in "P"
BD

I saw that advertised. Is it okay or really good? It costs about twice as much.

DIRT Farmer
07-03-2010, 09:31 PM
I got the last I bought from Log Cabin Sport Shop several years ago. I don't rember the name But it was pink in a small round plastic container.

Old Grump
07-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Old fashioned glycerin, just a tiny dab wiped on and it lasts a long time. Women's hand soap or baby shampoo, can be found anywhere and lasts a looooong time.

c3d4b2
07-03-2010, 10:14 PM
I saw that advertised. Is it okay or really good? It costs about twice as much.

I have used this for several years and have had good luck with it.

82nd airborne
07-04-2010, 06:02 PM
i have used shaving cream on diving goggles.

45nut
07-04-2010, 06:10 PM
lemon pledge.

Blammer
07-04-2010, 06:24 PM
I still have a few of those pink rectangular sticks in the round container for my glasses, must have had them for 10 yrs or so now. They do great! I'll look and see if I still have the directions with them.

Blammer
07-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Yep, found them, was easy as they are readily handy, I use it quite a bit.

It's Gibs Formula 3818466 Anti Glare
Elkin Manufacturing Co.
948 Barcelona
Santa Barbara, CA 93105

no phone number and I don't know if they are in business or not.

Hope this helps.

knifemaker
07-04-2010, 07:12 PM
I just bought some of the pink anti-fog wax in the small round containers at a recent gunshow. They now have it in the wax and small spray bottle. Here is their web site.
www.blazeantifog.com

cajun shooter
07-06-2010, 10:51 AM
A fellow cowboy shooter loaned me his anti-fog one morning for a shoot. I had never used a product that works so well. It came from a dive shop in the Baton Rouge area and was called Sea Drops. What else is great about it is the price. It is only about $5 while we were paying $12 for another type and it didn't work as well. I know have pards coming to me in the mornings before a shoot and asking Hey Dave you have some more of them Sea Drops?

MT Gianni
07-06-2010, 11:00 AM
i have used shaving cream on diving goggles.

I have used saliva and tobacco on dive goggles as well, back when chew was cheap.

GSM
07-06-2010, 11:03 AM
The same people who make Rain-X market an anti-fog cloth wipe for inside your windshield. That might be something you could try.
Mark :coffeecom

Caution! The anti-fog wipe is intended for glass. It can do a real nasty job clear plastic - like headlights - possibly the same for eyeglass lenses.

BD
07-06-2010, 12:37 PM
The Cat C**P worked real well while whitewater kayaking, and that's a tough environment. There may be other products out there these days that can do the same thing for less money. The Sea Drops sound interesting.
BD

jlchucker
07-06-2010, 12:53 PM
BD

You still see that stuff sold at ski area stores around here. I bought some a few years ago, and it works good, and lasts quite a while. Same stuff--starts with a "C and ends with a "p".

Gee_Wizz01
07-14-2010, 06:07 PM
If you mix Rain X in your bullet lube will any leading bead up and roll out the bore?

G

crabo
07-15-2010, 12:38 AM
It was kinda funny, I showed this thread to my wife, and she said, I've got some of that stuff in my dive bag. I was hoping the wax would fill in some of the scrathes on my lenses, but didn't work.