PDA

View Full Version : Deputy Al's cruiser

swheeler
08-19-2006, 01:01 AM
You may be out of service, but your ride is still patrolling the streets!

bruce drake
08-19-2006, 09:23 AM
That is just wrong in so many ways!!!!

But I'm still laughing!

Bruce

swheeler
08-19-2006, 10:54 AM
The "story" went something like this- the guy who decalled the patrol cars was retiring, he did this car on his last day at work, they drove it for a couple weeks until someone noticed it! Come on Al, just kidding, I know you wouldn't take their donuts-right?

Scrounger
08-19-2006, 12:00 PM
The "story" went something like this- the guy who decalled the patrol cars was retiring, he did this car on his last day at work, they drove it for a couple weeks until someone noticed it! Come on Al, just kidding, I know you wouldn't take their donuts-right?

Give 'em a break; A donut is all that stands between them and a long, dark, boring night watch. Most of us would clutch at that straw!

9.3X62AL
08-20-2006, 05:41 PM
You guys are awful......I love it.

Scot's explanation is factual--Kern County S.O. is ONE VERY SQUARED AWAY ORGANIZATION, IMHO. Some of their more recent work included the rescue of the two young girls abducted and assaulted from the lover's lane on Quartz Hill, with proper processing of the suspect when he refused to get with the program. A bit later, KCSO got in the middle of a takeover bank robbery in the high desert that resulted in a long pursuit and capture of 3 of the 4 participants in Fall 2003. I was able through interviews with those suspects to close a couple bank robbery cases that I had worked all summer on. It was at about this time that the car pictured herein came to be, and it took complaints from the usual chronic malcontents to oblige the Sheriff to say, "Now, boys and girls......", and remove the decals. EVERY office and most cubicles at KCSO have this photo somewhere within view or reach.

BTW--this same Sheriff treats his County as right-to-carry country, issuing CWP's pretty readily with minimal admin BS. Like I said, pretty squared away. They get their man, and don't mind at all if the citizens they work for go heeled. I think the world of that group of men and women--thanks for letting me say a few words on their well-earned behalf.

Randy in Arizona
08-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Is this the picture?
The link was gone when I got to the thread.

http://verbaljudo.com/kata/images/stories/sherriff_car.jpg

redneckdan
08-31-2006, 12:57 PM
i love it

Baldy
08-31-2006, 01:19 PM
I think they should have it on all their cars. Mess with the LEO'S and they'll give you what you got come'n. It's on the quarter panel. I love it.