PDA

View Full Version : Not yesterdays newspaper ........

Jack Stanley
06-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Today I got the most recent issue of the Shotgun News and a far cry it is from the first one I bought so many years ago . What was a very thick paper now has less pages than the grocery ads of our small town it seems . Some of the articles they've added over the years are nice but I bought the paper to find suppliers and it seems they are drying up at least from newsprint .

Not something I think I'll be renewing this time around :(

Jack

sergeant69
06-30-2010, 09:18 PM
yea, i saw one in a store the other day and honestly thought it was a joke. used to go to the fired brass section first, now its not even there anymore.

Mike W1
06-30-2010, 09:27 PM
I don't now if it's even still published but I always much preferred Gun List as it was much better arranged.

DCP
06-30-2010, 09:30 PM
That make two of us

Things always dont change for the better.

It will just die soon

Today I got the most recent issue of the Shotgun News and a far cry it is from the first one I bought so many years ago . What was a very thick paper now has less pages than the grocery ads of our small town it seems . Some of the articles they've added over the years are nice but I bought the paper to find suppliers and it seems they are drying up at least from newsprint .

Not something I think I'll be renewing this time around :(

Jack

deltaenterprizes
06-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Gun List has a different name, local gun shop sells it.

DCP
06-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Gun List
is now
Gun Dijest

I don't now if it's even still published but I always much preferred Gun List as it was much better arranged.

qajaq59
07-01-2010, 05:41 AM
People are dong so much on line now that it's just driving the papers under.

nicholst55
07-01-2010, 08:37 PM
People are dong so much on line now that it's just driving the papers under.

The same is true of the gun comics... er, magazines. 8-)

azcruiser
07-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Before I retired I would love to take the Shotgun New's on the plane to Europe just to watch the poor person stuck next to me for the next 10 12 hr as i flipped through it .Then give it to one of the dealers and try to get them to believe it was a local paper .