PDA

View Full Version : Darned Carnauba Red

44man
08-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Nobody makes an RCBS or Lyman size die in .476 for my .475 Linebaugh. I have to use the Lee custom push through die so I rub the lube in with my fingers. Holy smokes! You should see the blisters I got on my finger. I could not see them with the lube on my finger but noticed it started to hurt. I don't have enough to pan lube and would have to make a cookie cutter too. I don't know if it would melt either, never tried it.
I had to use a tongue depresser today to lube some boolits and it worked fine but is slow.
What is wrong with these companies? None make anything but a few sizes in only a few calibers, most calibers have only one size and they don't care about the rest of us unless they can sell a million of each.
I guess I have to buy a tool steel rod and make my own die.

jhalcott
08-17-2006, 12:31 PM
make a few extras and pass them out to the guys that don't own a lathe!

45 2.1
08-17-2006, 12:57 PM
RCBS has made one for a long time. I have one myself. Here is a link. http://www.grafs.com/fc/product/11685

44man
08-17-2006, 04:03 PM
45, thank you, they had one in stock and I ordered it.

drinks
08-17-2006, 08:35 PM
44;
Being Scot and German, I am frugal!
I lube by using a small can on a hotplate, melting enough lube it to come about 1/2 way up a bullet,keep it liquid but not smoking, place some bullets in with a pair of $1 forceps, wait until the bullet gets hot enough to let the lube climb up the bullet, remove the bullets and set them on a throwaway aluminum pie pan.
After they cool, doesn't take long, just pop them off and they are ready to size or shoot, depending on what you want.
I also use a putty knife to salvage the lube that sticks to the pie pan and return it to the can.
Don't think I don't make the buffalo bellow!