PDA

View Full Version : Fat 44 BEARTOOTHs shoot good

jeff223
08-16-2006, 03:05 PM
shot a few at the range today and my 445 supermag Contender seems to like them with one load.this gun will hold them under 2 inch at 100yds if i use 32 grains of aa 1680 powder.loads that were under this 32gr amount didnt shoot worth beans and loads over this amount didnt shoot worth beans either????i guess i found the sweet spot for this gun and boolit.

these boolits were sized to .432 and were lubed with lube i got from 357max.i seated the boolits so they were just into the lands and there was no sign of leading.these fat 44s were just air cooked too.

i find it funny that there was no signs of accuracy until i hit the 32gr load???anyone else ever find a gun to be so pickey with a cast boolit?

i also shot some RANCH DOG boolits today but didnt find a sweet spot for them.the ones i got from the man himself shot very good for me but im sure they were much harder than my boolits.maybe i should try water dropping the next batch with both boolits just to see if things change??what you guys think?

if no results with the RANCH DOGs i will have a couple of molds up for sale