PDA

View Full Version : Need input on CBE molds

40-65tom
08-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Howdy
Don't know if this is the right area to post this, but I am sure someone can help. I am searching for a 9,3 mold and ran across Cast Bullet Engineering in New Zealand. I tried numerous times to E-mail this company, but no reponse. Anyone have/had any experience with them good or bad. Mould quality, etc. They appear to have what I want, but don't want to throw money away.

Thanks Tom

onceabull
08-16-2006, 11:32 AM
40-65tom: I think CBE will turn out to be in Aus.,at least that's where located when I got my mould from him. I'd expect some members from downunder will be on this thread soon. I am extremely satisfied with mine,and cannot recall ever hearing anything neg.on the work,but apparently communications can be subpar. GOOD LUCK, Onceabull

felix
08-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Don't worry about communications, CBE is trustworthy and provides good products. ... felix

Bigjohn
08-17-2006, 12:27 AM
G'day from downunder,

I have dealt with Jim from Cast Bullet Engineering for 10 or more years. He make excellent molds and delivers as promptly as he can depending on the number of orders backed up. Normal is about 6 weeks.

Quality is excellent and they are easy to use; some of the best molds I have used.

I have RCBS, Lyman, LEE, H. T. BUGG and CBE molds.

My advice is to keep trying, he is basically a one person show.

John

JeffinNZ
08-17-2006, 12:32 AM
Absolutely fantastic moulds and a gentleman to boot!!!!!

Highly recommend the product.

Best of all Jim makes moulds for calibres the mainstream companies have passed by on. EG: he makes the PROPER size moulds for .303 British and lots of them. Also the proper pattern for .310 Cadet. etc, etc.

Best of only because the moulds are brass you don't have to oil them then clean them before the next use.

cheers

J

Buckshot
08-17-2006, 02:57 AM
.............Everything I've ever read (including the above) ans been very positive about CBE's moulds.

.............Buckshot

JFE
08-17-2006, 03:59 AM
CBE are a top outfit and make a good product. The lack of response is probably down to the fact it is a small shop. You might have to call Jim.

The moulds are made of brass and require little breakin before dropping well formed bullets. I have several of their moulds and they are all good. I dont have a 9.3 but do have a 375 mould which is a cracker. Out of my H&H it groups extremely well.

Joe

PAT303
08-17-2006, 04:02 AM
Mate buy them with confidence, I have three of his molds and friends have a dozen more, just sometimes it takes a while because he doesn't lower his quality for the sake of quantity. Pat.

Maven
08-17-2006, 08:45 AM
40-65tom, I too have a mold (brass) from Jim Allison/CBE* and couldn't be more pleased with it. Jim cut a "fat" 195gr. Loverin design (before the days of group buys) for me that is wonderfully accurate in both my Arg. Mau., for which it was intended, and my Type 56 SKS, for which it was not. At that time the price was excellent and delivery time amazingly fast (~6 wks.). Workmanship is excellent.

*The Cast Bullet Assoc.'s Joe Wiest aka "the mad machinist" (in "The Fouling Shot") and "Smokem joe" (on this board) gave CBE a glowing review in TFS 3-5yrs. ago.

40-65tom
08-17-2006, 10:37 AM
All
Thanks very much for the replies, really boosted my confidence. I will give them a call and get an order in the works.

Tom