PDA

View Full Version : Still amazes me

44fanatic
06-22-2010, 09:24 AM
That yall never give up or show the frustration of helping everyone on here. Allot of it comes down to the same questions, some with a different twist but yall come forward and offer your $.02 worth, and some opening the vault.

Wish I could sit down around a campfire with many of you and pass the bottle of whiskey, listen to the stories and advice.

06-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Oh, I think the frustration shows, at times, though it's often disguised by a "read the stickies" reply. Which, I think, is excellent advise.

Indeed, it is truly amazing how much advise is offered by so many with so much experience.

BABore
06-22-2010, 10:10 AM
You'll find that the oftened repeated, newbie questions are typically ignored by those that have been here awhile. Those questions are to be answered by the just graduated newbie and left for them to test their wings and build up their bravado. Makes them feel good and impotent. Should they answer incorrectly or pass off some false wives tails, THEN the old timers will swoop down from above and literally rip their heads off. Makes them feel good and impotent too.

ghh3rd
06-22-2010, 11:28 AM
I've found myself reading an answer to the same question that has been answered more than once. It's not necessarily a bad thing though - sometimes reading the same response from several viewpoints seems to help it sink in. I've had a few AHA! moments after reading something that didn't sink in the first few times.

I for one appreciate the continual stream of information and patience on this board.

Randy

dragonrider
06-22-2010, 11:54 AM
I look at the oft repeated questions and think to myself &*%$)(*@&$&*(%^&, THEN I take a breath and realize that they ask because they don't know. Just as I did when I found this site. Can't tell you how much I appreciate the answers then as well as now because I am still leaning. What I find here is that no one is competing to be top dog reloader/caster. I believe that this site is unique in that respect.

mroliver77
06-22-2010, 01:14 PM
I look at the oft repeated questions and think to myself &*%$)(*@&$&*(%^&, THEN I take a breath and realize that they ask because they don't know. Just as I did when I found this site. Can't tell you how much I appreciate the answers then as well as now because I am still leaning. What I find here is that no one is competing to be top dog reloader/caster. I believe that this site is unique in that respect.
Really? I must read some posts that you miss.;)

44 fanatic; you wouldn't like me if I drank alkyhol with you! My Mom bought a shirt for me once apon a time that said " Instant A++hole, just add alcohol!" She said it fit me and my dad perfectly.:twisted: But sittin around the camp fire chewing the fat would be cool.
Jay

WallyM3
06-22-2010, 01:22 PM
In view of the sheer volume of printed material here and the sometimes inscrutable ways of search engines, newcomer's asking the same questions really isn't too surprising.

Some don't bother or think to look first, some simply bog down in sifting through the threads and the link to the needed answer is appreciated.

I think that the recently graduated noobs have empathy for the arriving freshmen.

82nd airborne
06-22-2010, 03:46 PM
If someone would sift through all this and make a well laid out hardcover book covering the FAQ's of boolit casting and related topics, id buy five, as it would be the best book on the topic ever written.

waksupi
06-22-2010, 04:12 PM
If someone would sift through all this and make a well laid out hardcover book covering the FAQ's of boolit casting and related topics, id buy five, as it would be the best book on the topic ever written.

It would be more like the Encyclopedia Britannica, with all the annuals included.

Bret4207
06-22-2010, 05:08 PM
You'll find that the oftened repeated, newbie questions are typically ignored by those that have been here awhile. Those questions are to be answered by the just graduated newbie and left for them to test their wings and build up their bravado. Makes them feel good and impotent. Should they answer incorrectly or pass off some false wives tails, THEN the old timers will swoop down from above and literally rip their heads off. Makes them feel good and impotent too.

You did mean "important", I hope......

part_timer
06-22-2010, 07:48 PM

Nope he wrote it twice just so you old timers could feel impotent too. :veryconfu

WallyM3
06-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote from the fellow wearing a tuxedo prior to his vasectomy: If I'm gunna be impowtent, I wanna looks impowtent.

Edubya
06-22-2010, 08:48 PM

C'mon, now there have been a lot worse spellings on this board that no one has even mentioned and you go pick on the one that made me chuckle!
Reminded me of a joke about the fella that went to work wearing a tie. His buddy asked him what the hell he was doing with that thing on to pick up the garbage? He said that he had gone and had a vasectomy and now he was impotent.

EW

WallyM3
06-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Good one. (see above)

Freebore
06-22-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm a Boolit Bub. so I must be Impotent.;-)

pjh421
06-22-2010, 10:16 PM
LMAO!!!!!

BABore, loved your answer. How about omnipotent? 'Cuz impotent...well you don't wanna go there.

Paul

Mumblypeg
06-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Rule #1 in teaching... Never be selfish with knowledge.

geargnasher
06-22-2010, 11:39 PM
:groner:

Mel Brooks would be so proud of us...

Gear

Muddy Creek Sam
06-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Having CRS makes it easy to answer the same question over and over, Just have to hope I remember the answer.

Sam :D

waksupi
06-23-2010, 12:57 AM
If you enjoy bad spelling, drop into chat in the evenings. I AM the KING!

lwknight
06-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Having CRS makes it easy to answer the same question over and over, Just have to hope I remember the answer.

Sam :D

I resemble that !

Bret4207
06-23-2010, 06:55 AM
If you enjoy bad spelling, drop into chat in the evenings. I AM the KING!

You mean kyhng?

BABore
06-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Now how often do you guys catch me misspellng words. I was being sarcastic with my impotent/important spelling. Sorry if I hit too close to home for some of you old farts. Michigan humor!:takinWiz: :bigsmyl2:

mroliver77
06-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Now how often do you guys catch me misspellng words. I was being sarcastic with my impotent/important spelling. Sorry if I hit too close to home for some of you old farts. Michigan humor!:takinWiz: :bigsmyl2:
Thats bad BA!! Funny, but baaad! har har har
Jay

qajaq59
06-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Rule #1 in teaching... Never be selfish with knowledge.
Rule #2 is you are likely to learn as much as you teach sometimes.

I've always found that trying to explain it to someone else makes me understand it better myself.