PDA

View Full Version : Happy Dads day

Harter66
06-20-2010, 04:08 PM
I only say Dads day because any fool can be a father with 1 lucky shot,Dads do all the hard stuff dusting you of when you fall/crash , the _________ trips, the games ,the 4th grade Christmas band concert,and when you get older are the 1 that tells you "suck it up and get back on" or "you made your bed" . All the time wishing they had caught you taken the hit, that the trip hadn't waited/ended,and hurts more for you while you get your act together than you do.

Happy Dads day !

RobS
06-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Good post.................and too all of us who have kiddos and they consider you "DAD"..............Happy Dads Day. To all of those who don't have kiddos but have a Dad give em a call, text, email whatever and tell them how much they mean to you.

DLCTEX
06-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Great day! I got calls from the three older sons (45, 42, 40 , they live away, and had a surprise lunch with the youngest two (30 and 19). Some really flattering cards from children, grand children, and great grand children. Enough to make a fellow's head swell. Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Prov. 22:6. Whew, thank God!

Harter66
06-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Maybe a little gruff ?

My daughter called from "the field" this morning she's a Sea Bee ,Gunners mate , and said " thanks for for teaching me to shoot and dry camp, I can't believe what a bunch of candies I'm with out here"edited for explictives.

My son called from Iraqistan , he's been there going on 23 months 222nd Aviation battalion/recovery ,says he's ready to come home and " thanks for teaching me to shoot and track . Can we go camping maybe get in a hunt or 2 when I come home in October?"

My oldest son called , he's a guard on an Army Depot , to say" they gave me the arms room . They made me a stand in supervisor all week ,we had lost devices and 2 accidents . I'm glad you thought me to track and how to handle the kaos of things getting all unhooked".

My last daughter ,the tortured artist called too, "Daddy how much longer ...... I mean does living get any easier ..... stuff is soo screwed up ...... I know don't come in crying if there no gushing blood or extra joints,thanks for letting me unload , I think I can get through this " .

My step kids just think I'm a hard dokey except the oldest whom thanked me for riding his little brother so hard when he screws up or is getting in with the "wrong" kids and for reminding him of "duty and obligation" when he gets off track.

With thanks from 5 of 7 I must have done something right. Only 1 of the steps has a father she is with him today . The older 5 are 20-25. The 2 younger are only 11 and 13 so I still try to pick them up and dust them off.

My Dad went camping this weekend ,off the grid, so I don't get to say thank you for the trips and the band concerts today. My grandfathers are all gone now.

To all the Dads out there and in here happy Fathers day.

steg
06-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Great Posts, I spent my day with my Son at a makeshift firing range, shot off 6 boxes of 12 Ga slugs, and buck shot at anything that looked like a target, all the while we were there two turkey buzzards were watching us, one eeven flew about 30 feet overhead checking us out, I guess he knew we wouldn't hurt him, but we both have sore shoulders today. I hope everyone enjoyed their day as much as I did..............steg