PDA

View Full Version : Saeco Custom Moulds?

scrapcan
08-14-2006, 10:15 AM
All,

I was doing some research on a new to me Saeco mould and saw that they offer custom moulds. Their website says they will even cut upto 3 different bullet designs in one set of blocks. The per mould price was $144 I think.

Has anyone talked to them about group buys? I like the two moulds that I have, might make for a new place to go for quality moulds.

Thanks for reading and hopefully offering some good info to my questions.

45 2.1
08-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Got a link?

BABore
08-14-2006, 10:56 AM
http://www.redding-reloading.com/pages/saecoprods.html

BABore
08-14-2006, 11:19 AM
I just got off the horn with Bruce Merkur, Customer Support, at Redding Saeco. Yes they will do custom molds. Once a design is submitted with a 25 minumum order, they will cut a cherry at no cost. The cherry belongs to Saeco.There is a $50 setup/engineering fee. Molds would cost the same as their current catalog pricing. They only have two cast iron block sizes. These would be available in either a 2C or 4C mold depending on bullet size. There is no discount for volume orders. If an additional mold is desired, at a later time, it can be purchase on a one off basis. Saeco molds run $95 to $175. Bruce's # at Saeco is (607) 753-3331.

45 2.1
08-14-2006, 11:25 AM
I wonder what a dealer could do with them instead of us. Saeco makes GOOD STUFF, but the current catalog price is costly.

Beau Cassidy
08-14-2006, 05:50 PM
They also list (or at least did a year ago) 6 and 8 cavity molds. I called and inquired with credit card in hand. They promptly informed me they didn't make them anymore. Oh well. They didn't have to be rude about it. They still make the best off the shelf mold but are about to get a little too high.

Beau

Lloyd Smale
08-14-2006, 06:27 PM
only problem id have with it is id be nervous shellling out 175 bucks for a design that i didnt even know was going to shoot well in my guns. Not that i havent done it Ive had ballistic cast cut me a couple custom molds but its sure nicer to have a 50 dollar mold collecting dust then one that cost 3 times more.

Beau Cassidy
08-14-2006, 10:01 PM
You just absolutely can't go wrong with the Ballisticast molds. The best made. Period. Great people to deal with, too.