PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Primitive Rendezvous Problems!

waksupi
06-18-2010, 12:33 AM
For anyone considering going to Pacific Primitives, hold your horses.

I just returned from Weippe. The site is inaccessible.

They had only cut in the access road last week, and it is loamy soil, so is a big sponge. The camp and parking area are a marsh in the best of times, the locals say. Right now, it resembles a lake.

They spent $20,000(!) to have the road cut. And that with no gravel.

First vehicles that tried to access today, buried to the frames. When I left, a gravel truck was buried to the axles, in the middle of the road.

The optimistic guess was MAYBE vehicles could get in on Friday. I doubt it. They will need to haul several hundred yards of gravel to have a chance of making it passable.

They need a couple very dry days to make any effect, and I doubt the parking area will dry enough for RV's and trucks with trailers. Cars will be a gamble.

Right now, the Wesleyan Church is hosting a lot of refugees, some people are staying in their vehicles around town. I probably passed twenty camps leaving, as I was going up the Weippe road. I would suggest calling the church, or local sherrif's department for info before you go.

Please pass this along to anyone you may know that was planning on heading to Idaho.