PDA

View Full Version : mighty fine garlic

wcshooter
08-13-2006, 01:45 AM
Peel up a bunch of garlic and put them in a steamer. Lenght of time depends on how much your gonna steam. You'll know the are done when they cut like room temperature butter. Add butter to taste and spread on toast for the best garlic toast. Spread it on meat before cooking. Put steamed cloves in small dish with butter and serve as a side dish. Try to get the biggest cloves you can. Use your imagination and enjoy.

waksupi
08-13-2006, 02:31 AM
A man after my own heart. You can never, have enough garlic.

keeper89
08-13-2006, 08:15 AM
What did people eat before garlic and onions came along? Whatever it was, I am sure it dind't taste real good.........:mrgreen:

wills
08-13-2006, 08:18 AM
A man after my own heart. You can never, have enough garlic.

Amen.

fatnhappy
08-13-2006, 09:49 AM
keeps werewolves and in laws away. I love garlic

waksupi
08-13-2006, 10:47 AM
In the spring, I find the wild onions around here, and they are delicious. ALso, they make the worlds best heartburn, if eaten by thierself. That is most likely, just me. They are great added into most anything.

fourarmed
08-15-2006, 11:39 AM
If you grow your own garlic, or buy it in quantity, here is a little trick I was shown recently. Throw the whole bulbs in a bucket of water for a couple of days. You can then shuck the cloves out of the husks with your thumb as fast as you can push them. Dry them on a towel and freeze them in a ziplock bag. Then when you want to steam a few or add them to a recipe, just take out what you need. If I have a lot on hand, they dry out otherwise.

Hackleback
08-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Take a "fist" (the entire bulb) and slice it in half cross ways, drizzle with some olive oil, a bit of rosemary (if desired), wrap in foil and place in the oven until soft (should be the consistancey of butter). serve with bread / crackers and some fetta cheese!!

Bad luck Bill
08-16-2006, 02:45 PM
That last one sounds really tasty! I'm Sicilian so anything garlic is good to me!

BLB.

StarMetal
08-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Bad Luck Bill,

You happen to belong to the Mafia? [smilie=1::Fire::kidding:

Joe

Bad luck Bill
08-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Let's not talk about that, okay buddy? I don't want to have to give you a "dirt nap" now do I! My real name isn't Bill, that's for sure! :mrgreen:

BLB.

btr-cj
08-28-2006, 07:56 AM
When we boil crawfish, crabs or shrimp you need at least a dozen pods cut in half.

Everyone grabs a pod and a potato when they come out of the crawfish boil. Mash the potato and about 6 or 20 cloves and add butter. May as well grab one of the onions and add it to the potato. Sometimes you forget there is seafood on the table.

C.J.

Bad luck Bill
08-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Boiling crabs! What a sin! try steaming them with some Old Bay, a little vinger, water, and a nice beer and then you'll have something! Seriously though, I love the southern spicy food from yuor part of the country, it can't be beaten. I love a good plate full of crawfish Etouffe' (sorry about the spelling) or some good authentic gumbo. It's been quite a few years since I've been down that way. Do you have any good gumbo recipes to give us further up north? I made a pretty good gumbo but I'm sure I could learn how to make it better with some guidence from a person from the area.