PDA

View Full Version : Savage 219

45 2.1
08-12-2006, 07:55 PM
I got to fire one shot, then the thing would not recock. Anybody know why?

waksupi
08-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Sounds like it's broke. Your welcome.

Rangerone
08-13-2006, 01:45 AM
I had one of these long ago... As I recall, the cocking mechanism consisted of a lever from the action that was lifted when the barrel was opened. This opening of the barrel consisted of a spring loaded plunger on the barrel extension that caught the lever and lifted it and this forced the hammer back to full cock position. When you close the gun, the plunger moved in its hole and the barrel closed. The plunger popped out, ready to lift the lever and the cycle continued...

Check to see if this lever is being actuated by the plunger...

James Wisner
08-15-2006, 10:20 AM
45 2.1

There are two distinct actions.

The 219 and 220, 220A series uses the top lever to recock the firing pin. This is why it is harder to operate the top lever.

The "B" series uses a lever mounted in the inside RH side of the frame the engages a spring loaded plunger mounted cross wise in the bottom of the barrel to recock the firing pin.

It is possible that some one put a 219 barrel on a "B" action and then it would not recock. If a "B" barrel is put on one of the other actions then it will not open all the way as another cut is needed in the action to clear the plunger.

Or the internal parts are not in the proper order to stay cocked. Or worse case a broken part.

If you need some pics of the internals give me a PM.
I have several 219's and 220's and one of my employees has a "B"
I also have some extra parts.

Jim Wisner
Custom Metalsmith

45 2.1
08-15-2006, 10:55 AM
PM sent