PDA

View Full Version : where to buy lanolin

songdog33
06-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Howdy all: where do you buy lanolin? I found some online but I have been trying to find it locally. I went to drug stores, They usually say that yhey have not carried it for years or you will only find it in lotions. Las Vegas, NV. is a pretty big city, somebody has to sell it.

Doby45
06-16-2010, 02:57 PM
I have heard that you buy "nipple cream" and it is pure lanolin. I think one brand is even PureLan or something like that. I think my wife has some at home, from back in the preggo days..

EDIT: Found a pic of the stuff. No idea how much it costs as of now..

http://i49.tinypic.com/t8uo7o.jpg

Doby45
06-16-2010, 03:14 PM
You can also get at this place for less than a $1 an ounce..

http://www.soapgoods.com/Lanolin-Anhydrous-p-1115.html?gclid=CL_XgNmmpaICFRCfnAodbyN4yg

excess650
06-16-2010, 03:19 PM
I have heard that you buy "nipple cream" and it is pure lanolin. I think one brand is even PureLan or something like that. I think my wife has some at home, from back in the preggo days..

EDIT: Found a pic of the stuff. No idea how much it costs as of now..

http://i49.tinypic.com/t8uo7o.jpg

LOL! That kinda reminds me of a local card shop that had novelties and stuff besides. They had Boob Lube!:bigsmyl2:

A friend of mine ordered and bought anhydrous lanolin in 1# containers from Wall Mart. BTW, for bullet lube you'll want anhydrous lanolin. Hydrous lanolin is generally available at drug stores, but its mean as a topical cream and contains water, so is an emulsion. Anhydrous has no water and is tan to brown with the consistency of a heavy grease.

fryboy
06-16-2010, 03:36 PM
this place gets mentioned alot

http://www.thesage.com/catalog/products/Lanolin.html

good reason ...they have an awesum list of stuff that will work for our purposes and decent prices ...as for local ...that's iffy at best , yes the nipple cream is one as are some ointments and lotions , corona is 50%,i found some that was listed as hydrous and 25% water ( nothing else ) i simmered the water out and it was indeed 25 % lolz but u have to work for it that way and it's never cheaper , best bet just buy a pound online [shrugz]

geargnasher
06-16-2010, 04:26 PM
FWIW, the nipple cream works just fine, just expensive.

Gear

Horace
06-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Anhydrous Lanolin still has the solids remaining which works well for mixing with beeswax for your boolit lube. Liquid lanolin has the solids taken out and work great when making case lube.

Horace

cajun shooter
06-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Go to Amazon and punch in NOW lanolin. I have been buying it from a few different sellers. It is in a 7oz jar and the last I bought was on sale for $4 a jar. I bought 10 jars for that price.

Doc_Stihl
06-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Go to your local pharmacy and ask the pharmacist if they can order you some. You'd be surprised. I bought a big jar for $20 something bucks, and they had it the next day. 100% pure medical grade for mixing compounds.

Ron
06-17-2010, 09:49 AM
If your local vet is half way friendly ask him/her to order some for you. Vets use anhydrous lonolin for treating animal complaints and should be cheaper than from the pharmacy.

songdog33
06-20-2010, 03:17 AM
Thanks all: I bought some online $9 for 16oz. I try to help out the local shops as much as I can but sometimes you just have to surf the NET to get things.

gefiltephish
06-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Go to your local pharmacy and ask the pharmacist if they can order you some. You'd be surprised. I bought a big jar for $20 something bucks, and they had it the next day. 100% pure medical grade for mixing compounds.
I've asked 3 different local pharmacists about anhydrous lanolin, and they all stood there looking at me with with great big deer-in-the-headlight eyes. They all tried to point me to some lotion they had out on the shelves. I'd say, well you obviously don't know what ANHYDROUS means. I figure that if I had to explain it to them so they could order it, I was never going to get what I wanted anyway. ***?! Buy it online.

Doby45
06-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Yhea when these guys say go see your pharmacist they ain't talkin about Walgreens or Eckerds. They mean you need to find you little pharmacy in town that is not hooked in to as chain, you know, a place where they still might know something. All they have at pharmacies now are robots following a script devoid of any intellect or self made thought process.

Changeling
06-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Yhea when these guys say go see your pharmacist they ain't talkin about Walgreens or Eckerds. They mean you need to find you little pharmacy in town that is not hooked in to as chain, you know, a place where they still might know something. All they have at pharmacies now are robots following a script devoid of any intellect or self made thought process.

That pretty much says it all, I just went through that run-around. When you go into a Safeway and ask for a price, next thing you hear is someone hollering "CLEAR" - ZAP, LOL:twisted:

fryboy
06-20-2010, 02:47 PM
i met a cute redhead asking for lanolin at a pharmacy ....

tepeecreeper
06-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Cashing out at the regester, min oil, vasaline,nipple cream, turkey baster, tea strainer,while wearing biboverall's and a Cub's hat. YOU should have heard all the snickers.

mastercast.com
06-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Folks,

I am curious why those that tend this site are not complaining about "NIPPLE CREAM"..Some child might want to know what that means that "reads" this site.

What next....KY Jelly? It is used in "wet" firearm suppressors for those of you that do not know that.

Once again, is this a site for adults, or for small children?

If you have children, of any age that should not have access to this forum, and your allow them access, that is your problem.....not mine.

mastercast.com
06-21-2010, 11:09 PM
I can not remember what said months ago...it was not "nasty" or even close.l

I was excoriated for it by some members of this forum because "small children" might read it.(Small children do not read)

HORSEFEATHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doby45
06-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Let it go.. Just let it go.

Echo
06-21-2010, 11:58 PM
i met a cute redhead asking for lanolin at a pharmacy ....

Did she need some help in administering? Just asking...

xr650
06-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Cashing out at the regester, min oil, vasaline,nipple cream, turkey baster, tea strainer,while wearing biboverall's and a Cub's hat. YOU should have heard all the snickers.

If they would have only known you are a Teepee Creeper. :lol:

mastercast.com
06-23-2010, 11:16 PM
If they would have only known you are a Teepee Creeper. :lol:

WooooHooo! That made me laugh to the point that my wife thought I would have a stroke! I thought I had heard them all....nope!

Thanks to you both!

Mike