PDA

View Full Version : Aperture sights for the K-31

45-70bpcr
05-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Added some sights to my K-31 after seeing what a nice setup Bob 'S had. I went with a Parker Hale 5A and Lyman 17a. I tried to put some pictures and description together. If anyone gets a chance to look I would appreciate any feedback. Be warned the pictures are graphic and if you have a hard time seeing military guns permanently altered then you won't like it. Viewer discretion is advised :)

Bart

http://webpub.allegheny.edu/employee/b/bwinelan/swiss/

KCSO
05-09-2005, 07:56 PM
You aren't even close to Buba yet. You need a dull hacksaw and a bfh to get to that stage. I think you did a darn nice job and it should work well.

jh45gun
05-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Pic did not show for me the site must be down will check it out later.

Ballistics in Scotland
05-10-2005, 08:12 PM
I didn't want to drill my M1889, so this is the Marble-Goss sight from eBay (a slightly smaller receiver sight than most) which I added to with a piece of cold-drawn steel bar, and silver soldered to a spare bolt plug from Numrich Gunparts. The original bolt plug can be replaced at any time. It isn't quite rigid, but much better than a cocking-piece sight.

Bob S
05-11-2005, 07:34 AM
Bart:

I can't get your pix to come up, either.

Resp'y,
Bob S.

45-70bpcr
05-11-2005, 10:10 AM
I don't get it. It previews ok and it looks like at least KCSO could get to it? I'll look into it and will update if I can find out the problem. I am curious if anyone else is able to see it. Sorry guys.

Bart

Ballistics in Scotland
05-11-2005, 10:20 AM
The pictures worked for me, although for some reason some on other websites never get beyond the little red cross stage.

Bob S
05-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Now the pix come up ... I am at the office with a faster connection, don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Looks good, some of the same pix you sent me in your email preview. Now we need a range report!

I am going to have to investigate the Lyman 17 on the front ... I have a .22 RF K31 "look-alike" (made from an 1889), and I use an Anschutz rear sight with the W-F clamp-on front sight. It would be good to have a front sight set-up for the .22 that I don't have to "share" between rifles.

Resp'y,
Bob S.