PDA

View Full Version : Hazebollah YellowJackets...Plenty

StarMetal
08-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Well I was doing my grass trimming and ran into a Hazebollah YellowJacket nest. I killed maybe 3 or 4 of them and they got me plenty. In fact was just fighting one off typing this up that apparently infiltrated my house by hiding on my body. Even one of my dogs got stung. Damn! he's still in here, made another attack on me. Boy I hate those things worse then any other bee. Well I think I got him. God, I'm all stung up. Good thing I'm not allergic to stings, I'd be history. I can see the headlines "HAZEBOLLAH YELLOWJACKET ATTACK LEAVES CAST BOOLITS FORUM MEMBER DEAD"

Joe

Jumptrap
08-08-2006, 02:25 PM
just in case your interested...if you want a good home remedy for stings....either put mustard or rub a cut onion on the stings...takes the hurt right out.

StarMetal
08-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Jump,

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Most time I use Campo phenic or however you spell that. The stuff that comes in that little green bottle. My dogs are miserable, apparently that one illegal immigrant Hezbollah Yellowjacket that made it into the house has stung them a few times.

Joe

StarMetal
08-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Well I made an air strike on the Hazbollah YellowJacket installation. I came in with an F-Toyota and dropped a smart Ortho bomb. Tonight I'll send in a special ops team to finish the job.

Joe

357maximum
08-08-2006, 03:53 PM
I have an old shed that needs torn down just because of them reasons, just be thankful you do not need to carry an eppy pen with you. It really sucks when a critter that weighs less than the powder charge in a 38 special can "TAKE YOU OUT", and despite some rumors, them little flying bastages can sting at night...

Be careful out there, they are everywhere....and multiplying as this is being typed..

Is it just here, or does it seem that there are more of them little fockers every year??

StarMetal
08-08-2006, 04:33 PM
I really feel for the folks that are allergic to stings. I mean it could happen very easily and at anytime.

They got me pretty good. They really consentrated on my belly, through the shirt too, as there's a red swelled area about the size of my hand with numerous stings. The one above my left elbow is especially painful and achey. Another just below the right collarbone hurts pretty good too.

Joe

wills
08-08-2006, 05:11 PM
I have been told they kill webworms, feed on them maybe?

waksupi
08-08-2006, 08:33 PM
The worst thing I hate about getting into a nest of ground hornets, I have in the past, tended to leave my chainsaw when they come out. Then I have to go back for the darn thing. If you want some real excitement, get into a nest of them, on horseback. Rodeo time!

StarMetal
08-08-2006, 09:09 PM
I know what you mean Ric. Special ops just got back from naphalm them, the mission looks like a sucess. We had trouble at first finding the entrance hole to their underground tunnel network, but one of the team members spotted a few dead bodies around the entrace from the previous smart Ortho bomb. We set our gasoline charge and high tailed it out of there.

Joe

Bigscot
08-08-2006, 09:32 PM
If you can get it, carbon tetra chloride will take them out with a shot or all out offense.

Bigscot

felix
08-08-2006, 09:32 PM
YellowJackets have only one entrance to their home. When everybody is home, i.e. early in the morning, place a see-through plastic large salad mixing bowl over the hole. When they wake up you can see them flying all around the bowl looking for a way out. In one week, they will all be dead for lack of water or food. These guys are nowhere near as smart as wood/bumble bees. ... felix

StarMetal
08-08-2006, 10:02 PM
another way I've gotten them out of say the eaves of my house is with my shopvac. Hooked it up to a big long pipe and big funnel on the end and sucked everyone of them up. Plug the vac and let it sit for two weeks. They'd all be dead inside.

Joe

StarMetal
08-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Felix,

We thought about eradicating them that way, but we were told it's against the Geneva Convention. You know how those extreme left liberals are.

Joe

PatMarlin
08-08-2006, 11:57 PM
YellowJackets have only one entrance to their home. When everybody is home, i.e. early in the morning, place a see-through plastic large salad mixing bowl over the hole. When they wake up you can see them flying all around the bowl looking for a way out. In one week, they will all be dead for lack of water or food. These guys are nowhere near as smart as wood/bumble bees. ... felix

That's a great idea Felix. I wish I woulda known that.

I was shooting 50 yrds behind my house last year, and I walked out to get the target, and I felt a sting in my jacket. Then a BURN, so I yanked the thing off and sure nuff there were 3 bastreeds in there stingin' my ****.

I ran for the back door, and 2 got in behind me, and proceeded to sting me again, till I got em' killed! I later found there was a litte hole in the ground on the way to the target they nested in.

I blasted the crap out of it and they finally left.. :mrgreen:

floodgate
08-09-2006, 12:21 AM
Jump:

"just in case your interested...if you want a good home remedy for stings....either put mustard or rub a cut onion on the stings...takes the hurt right out."

Wife got stung by one yesterday, tried one of the little rub-on capsules to relieve the pain, which helped a bit. I mentioned your mustard / onion trteatment, but she didn't volunteer to get stung again, just to try it out......

357:

"Is it just here, or does it seem that there are more of them little fockers every year??"

Here, it varies, year-to-year. A couple of years back, there was a real plague of them; had to empty the trap every other day; last year, didn't see a single one. This year, just a moderate number, mostly raiding the hummingbird feeder.

floodgate

PatMarlin
08-09-2006, 12:23 AM
DMSO solvent, knocks it right out too.

StarMetal
08-09-2006, 12:32 AM
Well some say with the exceptionally hot summer the country is experiencing this year that their are an increase of bees in general. I can't say I've really noticed that here. This just happens to be one nest that not in my yard proper. It was along the lane to the house under a tree that is rarely trespassed on.

Joe

twotrees
08-09-2006, 07:15 AM
My son and his friend got into a big nest in the yard and got stung 30-40 times each. The wife and I got about 8-10 stings getting their clothes off in the shower.

That night I took a can of old 3F Black powder( about 1/4 full) and poured it directly into the entrence hole (about 1/2 dollar size) I layed a trail of smokless powder for about 10 ft. Lite the "Slow Fuse" and waited. A dull "Wump" and Lots of smoke.:redneck:

Results, never saw 1 of them dead or alive near that hole, again.[smilie=1:

Moral : Anything can be accomplished with the proper application of high explosives.

I work for Ga Tech (Yellow Jackets) but still hate the D@#$T%& things.

TwoTrees

trooperdan
08-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Here in the south we are having a big increase in fire ants as well... those things hurt like hell too! Never did figure out if they bite or sting but whatever they do it is effective! I nuke their mounds on sight with Andro.

StarMetal
08-09-2006, 11:52 AM
I like those Yellow Jackets that Remington sells, or use to sell. Potent little round.

Boy if that nest had a hole that big, it was a big un. Wow you got stung that much? Man, I feel sorry for you.

Joe

bruce drake
08-09-2006, 01:24 PM
My four year old son got stung on his hand last night from a hornet. Hollered like a Injun until I put some mustard on it. Wife thought I was crazy but after the kid was hugged for a little while you'd never know he had been stung.

City-born wife really thinks I'm a Redneck now. I had to remind her that mustard poultices were a very popular remedy in our grandparents day. THanks again for the reminder of an old-timer remedy. It came in real handy.

Bruce

BD
08-09-2006, 08:14 PM
I have two good yellow jacket stories, both from the early years guiding on the Gauley river in WV. In those days, (late 70's, early 80's), we used to set up for business in the parking lot below the dam in Summersville. Lived there for a month every fall. Our 80 guests would meet us there in the morning and we'd cook them breakfast. We always had one of those 20" steel frying pans full of bacon and a gallon coffee pot on the camp fire from about 6:00AM to 7:30AM while folks were coming in to go rafting. One morning I heard a big whoopin' and hollerin' and Johnny Reagan can racing through camp throwing off clothes as he went, heading for the river. He was buck naked in front of a couple dozen guests by the time he got there. I turned back toward the fire just in time to hear a dog yelp and then a bunch of laughter as one of our young pups tore past following Johnny into the water. As it turns out the two of them were having a little tussle on the ground when they rolled through a yellow jacket nest and stirred them up good. Johnny, being smarter than the pup, went straight for the river. The pup took a side trip thru the fying pan for a bit of bacon on the fly. It was pretty entertaining all around, but didn't yield the most filling breakfast.

We offered two day trips and every year I'd take some guides down before the season to set up a camp site for the overnight and cut firewood for the month. One year I pulled into our site and found a big red oak laying right across the camp where it had fallen down the canyon. It was old and dead and hollow in the middle and I figured it would split easily and be perfect cook fire wood so I put on my rigging and fired up the "swedish wind", without really looking as close as I should have. The other guides with me told me later it was just like the cartoons. Somehow the wood chips the saw was spitting out behind me formed up into a small black cloud, and then attacked! I got stung about 25 times on my arms and another 20 times on my face. I ran for the river and dove right in. I floated around in there for twenty minutes or so hoping to let the swelling go down beore I climbed out. To add insult to injury, after twenty minutes in the water one of the little buggers flew up out of my boot sock after I got back on land and stung me again on the cheek. I looked like the elephant man for about a week. Lucky I wasn't alergic. That would of been the end of me.
BD