PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from the Aztec NM area

BSkerj
05-29-2010, 09:59 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but my father in law just moved to Aztec NM from Florida due to the local economic conditions. Previously he had lived in Colorado most of his life and needed to get back to the western way of life and choosed Aztec because he loves the area. (never been there myself but after listening to him plan on going as soon as he gets settled ). Is there anyone from Aztec that could point him in the right direction towards housing etc.? He is living in a 5th wheel now until he can find some housing. He is on a fixed retirement income from years of being a Firefighter and LEO in various small communities in Colorado. You can PM me and I will pass it along to him. Moderators feel free to delete or move this if needed...Thanks so much !

scrapcan
05-31-2010, 11:10 PM
My wife and I lived there for a bit of time in the mid to late 90's. The area is a nice place to live. Very good Climate. Land can be a premium as there is not much private land.

Char-Gar
06-01-2010, 10:37 AM
I lived in Farmington a few miles away in the late 90s and have been to Aztec many times. It is a nice area and a nice community. I can think of nothing negative to say.

scrapcan
06-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Charger,

We also lived in Farmington ( actually par tof hte tiem we were between Farmington, Bllomfield, and Aztec). When were you in the area? We were there in 96 thru 97. My wife was there earlier for a few years. I liked it htere but economics in Oil and Gas and mIning created the situation where I had to leave to find a job.