PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried these Bullet Lubes?

no34570
08-05-2006, 05:31 AM
Hi guy's
Question: Has anyone tried the Bullshops Speed Green Lube and the Moly Lube(I cannot find the post of it) in their rifles?,if so,What caliber what bullet weight and velocity.And what do you think of it?

Question:The Bullshop Sprue Plate Lube?,is it that good that the posts are saying?and pardon my ignorance,but what is ti supposed to do?,is it worth getting some?

Question: Anbody tried Lars45 Carnauba Red lube and had good results? as well as the Alox 2500 plus?,what do you think of it?The Carnauba Red states it can go to 2700fps in a 30/06
Would it be easy to get some sent here to Australia?
I was going to make my own,but I know i will probably stuff it up and it will be useless or catch bloody fire.
I intend to use one of these lubes for my Rossi 92 44 Mag,Marlin 444 and my Winchester 94's in 307 & 356 and Ruger #3 45/70 I want to use a stiff load in the .444,307,356 and 45/70.
Any info would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Dale
no34570

David R
08-05-2006, 06:56 AM
All above mentioned lubes are good.

Never used the speed green, but the sprue plate lube works for me in some instances. Its awesome for casting 22s.

Carnuba Red? Its what I use.

If you look around, there is a whole topic on Blue Plate Lube, its a sticky.

David

Bass Ackward
08-05-2006, 07:35 AM
Dale,

Any of the lubes you mention will handle the tasks you listed based upon comments that have appeared on this board at one time or another. The kicker is your chosen bullet designs and how much lube they are designed to carry. There may be a time when you need the ultra lubricity of a lube for a bullet that doesn't carry much or a really long barrel. And other cases where the Alox might suit things better. In the end, you just have to try them.

44man
08-05-2006, 08:32 AM
I have not tried Bullshops lubes yet, been broke, totally out of money and can't even buy a cheap bottle of booze. but have been doing a lot of experimenting with Lar's lubes. Carnauba Red has so far shot the tightest groups for me and I am impressed with it. But I only shoot hot hunting loads with heavy boolits in my revolvers.
I think you will find that it depends on your alloy, boolit style, velocity and gun as to what lube will work for you. When I report on a lube, I get a lot of feedback that Alox works good, or some other lube is the best. I have not found this as I am very limited with my purposes of my loads. I load only for extreme accuracy and killing power.
Everyone loads different so you just have to try all of the lubes and decide for yourself.

felix
08-05-2006, 09:12 AM
44man, just start adding straight carnauba to the lubes you already have made to boost them up to your level of need. No need to collect all the left overs from your experiments in the closet. If doing so, melt the carnauba first and seperately, and then add the lube to the carnauba. Vice versa you might not able to mix throughly before loosing patience. ... felix

no34570
08-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the replies guys
I'll just have to try some and see,still might try to make Felix's World famous Lube,even though i will probably stuff it up.
Been thinking of using moly grease and beeswax and try that,will see
thanks again
Dale
no34570

44man
08-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Felix, I have saved some cheese, wax wrappers and some from a bottle of Makers Mark someone gave me. I have enough to play with now. Still can't buy any yet.
My retirement was cut $500 a month when the BPGC took it over. Then the county raised the value of my property 79.5% and my taxes 89%. I just sent in the tax money. WV is a democrat state and the stupid people keep voting in the tax and spend jerks, then complain to high heaven about the costs and lack of services.

1Shirt
08-05-2006, 10:23 AM
: 34570, All the lubes are ok, but when it comes to Bullplate, as far as I am concerned, it is about the best thing to come around for casters since sliced white bread and dry toilet paper.
1Shirt!:coffee:

Buckshot
08-05-2006, 10:41 AM
.............I have several of the lubes but haven't been able to try any. Heck, I haven't been able to even SHOOT much for quite some time. The only thing I can say is they look purdy, they look professional, and they're nicely packaged. Heck here in the states, those 3 things will get you elected president :-)

The Bullshop sprueplate lube is a wonderous thing. That's based on my first and only use of it. If it works half as well on steel and cast iron as it did on aluminum it'd be great. I used in on a Lee 6 banger and I had the alloy cooking. At one check it was in the mid 900's (F). I was cooling the sprueplate before dumping and cooling the base of the blocks on the way back to re-fill so there was plenty of direct water contact and steam. Obviously it didn't matter.

When I got done the top and bottom of the sprueplate looked unused and ditto the tops of the blocks. Never seen anything like it before. Instructions are easy. Wipe on lightly with a cotton swab. Have a beer. Wipe off with a paper towel. Heat the blocks and cast. I don't know if you have to wait after putting it on, but it's an excuse to have a beer :-)

.................Buckshot

Bucks Owin
08-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Question: Anbody tried Lars45 Carnauba Red lube and had good results?

Yes and yes!

The lube of choice on my bench....(at least for pistola loads...)

FWIW,

Dennis

Haywire Haywood
08-05-2006, 01:26 PM
I just bought 15 sticks of LAR's Red, should last me for a long long time. I use it for 45-70, 357 Maxi and will be using it for 375 Winnie when my barrel gets back from the smith. I like it and the price is right.

Ian

no34570
08-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Ok Guys
You've sold me,will have to get some to try in my loads.
In the 444 Marlin,the bullet I'll be using is the Ranchdog 44 cal from the group buy(When Lee fixes it up and sends me the proper one back).
In the .44 mag in a Rossi M92 24inched half octagonal half round barrel,I'll use the above as weel and my favorite RCBS 240gr Swc using Unique.
In the 45/70,I'll be using a Cast Bullet Engineering mould(Australian)425gr softnose,that is a good performer.
The .356 Win I'll use the RCBS 35-200 -FN and the .307Win a mates mould from CBE that casts a 190gr FN.Will have to get my own though.
Thanks for the replies guys
Dale
no34570

onceabull
08-05-2006, 08:46 PM
no34570: this mate's mould you speak of, is it the one from CBE update 15 ;described there as"heavy 30-30 FN GC"------image not yet available" or one of Mr.Allison's earlier efforts ??????????? Thx,Onceabull :roll:

no34570
08-05-2006, 11:30 PM
no34570: this mate's mould you speak of, is it the one from CBE update 15 ;described there as"heavy 30-30 FN GC"------image not yet available" or one of Mr.Allison's earlier efforts ??????????? Thx,Onceabull :roll:

Onceabull
Yep,it's from the update 15 and actually it is 195gr Gc,here is an pic of it
Hopefully it will show the image
Cheers
Dale
no34570