PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Customer Service

Maven
05-28-2010, 04:26 PM
A few weeks ago I was having trouble with the adjustable sight on my Lyman Great Plains ML rifle. (When it was elevated correctly, the sight moved left and right seemingly at random, and messed up my windage. Once I tightened the adjustment screw and used Loctite on it, the windage problem was solved, but it still shoots a bit low.) I thought the primitive sight might solve the problem, but realized it wasn't packed with the rifle. I contacted the Lyman Corp. via their website and they graciously rectifiied the situation. The new sight arrived in today's mail. I'd say their customer service deserves a thumbs up!

wallenba
05-28-2010, 04:41 PM
You must have said the magic word. While I personally have no complaints with them, many people here have complained about them in recent months. Perhaps they are reading Castboolits posts.

Maven
05-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Actually, I wrote to them saying I'd sing their praises on this site. This is the second time in maybe 4 months that I've got excellent service from them.

1Shirt
05-28-2010, 04:56 PM
I have only had to use Lyman Customer Service twice in the past few years, and the service has been very satisfactory, prompt, and the person on the other end was just fine. There are some people who belong to this group that wouldn't be happy if they hung'um with a new rope, as the old yankee saying goes!
1Shirt!:coffee:

RobS
05-28-2010, 07:17 PM
I just recently emailed them about the wrong expander plug that I received in a M-die and they shipped one out with no questions asked.............although here is my only complaint they did sit on it for over a week before doing anything; I emailed back after 10 days to see what was going on and they said they had inhouse issues and that it would be shipped out that day. The email also stated to expect the plug within the next week. Received everything five days later so 15 days and a second email to varify. Definately not as good as RCBS as I just had a replacement part for the lube-a-matic sent........took only 4 days total from the time I made contact to the time the part arrive on my door step.

jlchucker
06-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Sounds like they may have taken some steps to improve customer service. Now, if they'd only do something about their philosophy that wobbly sights need to be part of the design!

fecmech
06-01-2010, 11:26 AM
I just recently emailed them about the wrong expander plug that I received in a M-die and they shipped one out with no questions asked.............although here is my only complaint they did sit on it for over a week before doing anything; I emailed back after 10 days to see what was going on and they said they had inhouse issues and that it would be shipped out that day. The email also stated to expect the plug within the next week. Received everything five days later so 15 days and a second email to varify. Definately not as good as RCBS as I just had a replacement part for the lube-a-matic sent........took only 4 days total from the time I made contact to the time the part arrive on my door step.

That's odd, I had ordered an expander plug a while back and then forgot about it. When I remembered and called they said they had shipped it but it never showed up. They did promptly send another one so I have no complaints. Sounds like someone in shipping might not be up to snuff. I have delt with Lyman 3 other times in the past year and have had no problems at all.

timkelley
06-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Called them yesterday to order a part for my 450. Nice, polite, and fast.