PDA

View Full Version : OK into the pool--OR--100* in the shade

gray wolf
05-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Two weeks ago I was $%%chen cause it was cold and rainy--
Well men, today and yesterday was 100* in the shade on my little humble deck.
WE DON'T have a pool so Julie and I had to take the dogs down to the lake
so they could cool off, they loved it.
It's the end of may and we are at 1,600 feet--ain't SA posed to be this hot.
Seems like it just can't get it rite. COLD___HOT___COLD___HOT
Is there a middle zone ????? Like what happened to 70* It was 60* in the middle of the night. I guess I will cast at night under the lights--I can fire up the Citronella candle and have at it Eh.
I know many of you live in hot states but here in Maine 100* is a little much.
Oh and smelting was not an option.
But cold tea and Ice cream was a close second,
and guess what--on the way to the lake we turned on the air in our new old truck.
It can make the cold air come out in the front and the back.
Now we got to teach the pups how to adjust it. So I guess we beat the heat.
Is life just not OK or what?
Julie Say's I make the best lemonade while under pressure.

Sam

RobS
05-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Yep, the simple pleasures in life is what makes it all possible. WOW.................100* is rediculous and I'm sure you are working the ice cold lemonade :-)

RayinNH
05-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Yes but your lead is that much closer to being melted :D. You have to look on the positive side...Ray

RobS
05-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Yes but your lead is that much closer to being melted :D.

Ray, I had to laugh at this one.............nice comment!!!!

a.squibload
05-26-2010, 04:06 AM
6000' here, been sufferin' with 73º heat but it gets cool at night.
Supposed to be 78 tomorrow, dang global warming, I might sweat or somethin'.

AzShooter
05-26-2010, 06:06 AM
We only had one day of 100degrees this month. Unusual for Phoenix but glad it's holding off the heat wave.

hoosierlogger
05-26-2010, 06:51 AM
We got up to 89 yesterday with 95% humidity. I work in the woods, so yeah it is in the shade, but there is little wind in there too. I swear it went from April to August i 1 week.

Bret4207
05-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Couple weeks ago it was snowing and I was worried about losing lambs. Now I'm worried about the sheep dying of heat stroke. Sheeesh!

EMC45
05-26-2010, 10:30 AM
We had 95 with 92% humidity the other day. Was in the pool at my Dad's that after noon..

Changeling
05-26-2010, 02:37 PM
2 years ago I was hit from behind and suffered spine damage. Starting to get a lot better now. When it's hot like lately (90's) it makes mypain go down quite so as you might guess I absolutely LOVE the heat. It's 92 deg in my house now and I feel really great, LOL.

Now if the humidity gets past 80 %, that's a whole different story!

thx997303
05-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Was snowing day before yesterday.

Yesterday was 70*

See what today brings.

I hate these temperature swings. Knees, back and shoulder all hurt when it changes.

Not so much if it stays the same.

Hardcast416taylor
05-26-2010, 03:29 PM
It`s been in the mid to upper 80`s the last 3 days here with about the same amount of humidity. I had some concrete work done and the stuff was drying almost as fast as it hit the forming area! I just came in from moving some dirt around the crete. I last about 30 min. with my bad ticker on a good day, today I lasted 10 min.!Robert

Changeling
05-27-2010, 01:49 PM
It`s been in the mid to upper 80`s the last 3 days here with about the same amount of humidity. I had some concrete work done and the stuff was drying almost as fast as it hit the forming area! I just came in from moving some dirt around the crete. I last about 30 min. with my bad ticker on a good day, today I lasted 10 min.!Robert

Be sure and keep that concrete wet (also put something over it- plastic-burlap) if you don't it will cure to fast and the strength will be compromised, and it also might crack.

quasi
05-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Today, here in Calgary, it is SNOWING!

archmaker
05-29-2010, 08:12 PM
And we are looking at mid 90's for the next 10 days without any chance of rain. My water bill is high and will go higher trying to keep my garden alive!

lwknight
05-30-2010, 01:43 AM
Yup , cold to just hot with no middle here in N.Texas as well.
Temps were only in the mid 90s but the humidity and sun made like 110 in the shade.

Wise Owl
05-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Well the heat broke up here in Maine and it's a beautiful day but windy out there. GW is out casting up some boolits and I am taking it easy after planting gardens for the past couple weeks.
I don't do too well in the heat with my arthritis so today is good except for the arthur bugging me.

The dogs are loving the cooler weather and sleeping now. If it weren't for the nasty black flies out there it would be really great.

We went to the range yesterday to do some shooting and met a nice couple that had just joined the club. They were just up there plinking tho, not real serious shooters like we are.
I had fun tho in between swatting the little black vampires circling my head. ( I HATE blackflies) If they were bigger I would shoot them....

Well, looks like I need an avatar and a tag line so everyone will know I am GW's wife.
I finally broke down and joined the group. And it is such a fine group. I don't know a nicer bunch of fella's (and gals) anywhere.

RayinNH
05-30-2010, 07:50 PM
I was under the impression that black flies were the Maine state bird :razz:...Ray

pmeisel
05-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Welcome, Wise Owl. Glad to have a better half posting, it helps our manners!

troy_mclure
06-02-2010, 09:33 PM
its been hovering around 100f on the gulf coast for a while, plus 90%+ humidity restricts my casting to night from early may.

Gee_Wizz01
06-02-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm here in S. Texas this week and it was 96* with 92% humidity! It was really bad because we didn't have our normal 15-20 mph sea breeze coming off of the gulf.

G

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Were only at 96 now, but 10% humidity with a 15 mph breeze . . . we haven't even turned on the ac yet!, Were at 4,300' elevation, headed for 104 tomorrow. (It's dry heat though!)

This what I think of black flies! (I use to live in VT!)
[smilie=f:

gray wolf
06-06-2010, 10:13 PM
4 inches of rain since last night, I am fed up with this dung. Julie and I had a few extra bucks so I bought a tarp, 8X10. I used eye hooks and hook it to the side of the house and tent poles against the deck rail so its up 6 feet. I know it sounds funky but it looks great and neat.
Now I can cast on the deck and be out of the sun, I can even cast in a light drizzle.
So what happens ? I get a freaking sue-Nam-ee. Rain all night and all day Sunday.
%$#@&*(^%$#@&*^%$#*&*&*(^%$##%^^&*
I just replaced the 4 bushings on my 45 ACP, all 4 went at the same time. I put the new ones on with red lock tight. and I need to shoot it. I also need to cast.
Not to mention the 5 cord of wood I have to split. Did I say I got 5 cord of wood to split ?
I hope this summer don't go in the crapper.