PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy cast bullets ready-made?

Father'sSon
08-03-2006, 01:36 AM
I am a proud owner of a 35 Rem Marlin. While I have been busy building up a best load with the 200g. CoreLokt rem bullets for my marlin, I got to wondering whether you can buy precast bullets in 100's or whatever for 35 rem. I have no plans to get into casting at this time.

They would probably be best with a gas check base, around 200-220g. with a good working design. (Sorry did not know how to go about searching the forum for this question.) Hope to get them going about 1700-2000' per sec. for target, hunting and varminting.

Bullshop
08-03-2006, 01:55 AM
Right here! Just scroll to the bottom of the page and find the link to the Bull Shop.
BIC/BS

cherok9878
08-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Father'sSon, Bullshop is a "Class Act". You will not be dissapointed. Contact him, he will tell you what info he needs for correct sizing................larry

Buck
08-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Call Dave at Montana Bullet Works (www.montanabulletworks.com). Has top quality goods and great advice. Reasonable prices too.

LET-CA
08-03-2006, 12:26 PM
As noted by others, there are a number of great sources out there. My two cent addition to this thread is to choose a supplier that allows some degree of choice in what diameter the bullets are sized. Accuracy with cast bullets is highly dependent on thier diameter, and using the 44 magnum as an example, a bullet sized at .429 won't give very good accuracy in a large segment of the guns out there. Several suppliers offer choices all the way up to .4325. I've purchased from Beartooth Bullets and Montana Bullet Works. Both gave outstanding products, but the wait time for Beartooth can be an issue. On the flip side, Beartooth offers a number of services that I haven't seen elsewhere. I'm happy to continue to do business with them because of the overall package; I just plan my purchases out in advance. Bullshop has a good reputation here but I haven't had the opportunity to test his products yet. (His sprue plate lube enjoys almost mythic support in the community and costs only a few dollars)

The long and the short of it is that there are a half dozen companies that can take care of you quite nicely. Lurking around here will highlight who and where they are. Good luck and enjoy.