PDA

View Full Version : Parts list/drawing of Remington Model 51

TCLouis
08-02-2006, 11:30 PM
I am looking for a complete parts list and exploded drawing for the Remington pocket pistol.

Numrich catalog is very incomplete!

floodgate
08-03-2006, 12:11 AM
TC:

HOO, Boy!! you gotta real jigsaw puzzler there. I've had a couple of these, a blued .32 and a nickel .380. That semi-locked system where the breechblock bounces up and down a coupla times to delay opening is truly weird- but it works!!

(There's a story that John D. Pedersen - when he worked for Remington - was in a neck-to-neck competition with John Moses Browning to see which of them could use the most parts and machine cuts to do the simplest job. Pedersen won hands-down with the Remington Model 10 shotgun, and almost tied it with your M51. But it has a lovely feel to it, don't it?)

Look for the Gun Disgust "Book of Exploded Handgun Drawings" (1993), p. 283; and/or NRA "Firearms Assembly v. 4" (1980), pp. 176-77 (with instructions). If you don't have these, PM me your s-mail addy and I'll make copies.

floodgate

woody1
08-03-2006, 02:27 PM
TC
I have a copy of the Remington Shop Manual pages for the 51. If you'd like them, e-mail me your addy and I'll copy and send. Regards, Woody
PS - It may take me a while because I'm in and in out, but we'll get 'er done in the end. Woody

TCLouis
08-03-2006, 10:43 PM
I will gladly take any copies available.

If the Numrich catalog was exploded drawing I could pull it off.

OR

IF I had a gun in good condition to take apart.
Louis

TCLouis
08-04-2006, 07:05 PM
I actually had the NRA Firarms dissassembly book.
ONE more part loose last night. IF I can maintain my patience I may get it completely apart in a month or so!

Kerosene and time work well together!

TCLouis
08-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Received the information in the mail today.
Several things were starting to loosen up last week, so I let the kerosene work, and will NOT touch it until tomorrow night!
Patience to let it set is hard, but then I am further along than I ever thought I would be on freeing the gun up!

Thanks again for the information!

lb