PDA

View Full Version : How about another Postal Match?

Three-Fifty-Seven
05-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Since the last one is over . . . and waiting for final results still.

I'm no expert, so if somebody wanted to volunteer to head this up, maybe to end prior to hunting season. (Oct 1?)

Alot of people are now just getting out to shoot, and working up new loads for hunting loads.

And besides I was a tad slow on finding out about the last one!

I think it should be the same as the one Bullshop Jr just finished, but could have different or extra catagories . . . maybe a 22 rimfire, may get a bunch of the young folks involved too!

I'm not a great shot, but this is just a fun way to punch holes, beat me if you can! (shouldn't be too hard, but you gotta shoot!)

So what do you think?

imashooter2
05-24-2010, 01:46 PM
I like ten shot groups from iron sight lever guns offhand at 50 yards. Anything else is gravy... If I have a gun that fits and the time to shoot, I'll post a target.

I've been playing in these postal matches for a few years now. Traditional turn out is pretty sparse. If you add too many categories, you run the risk of a lot of 1 or no entry classes.

giorgio
05-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Oh Please,make another one ,to end october 1st

Three-Fifty-Seven
05-30-2010, 09:38 AM
This is my first time doing this so bear with me!

Ok here are the Rules and Classes for the 2010 Summer Cast Boolit postal match.

This is for FUN & Bragging Rights!

Classes:

#1 - 100 yard - Scoped Rifle - Bench Rest
#2 - 50 Yard - Iron sight Rifle - Off Hand
#3 - 100 Yard - Scoped Handgun - Bench (scope or red-dot)
#4 - 50 Yard - Iron sight Handgun - Bench
#5 - 25 Yard - Iron sight Handgun - Off hand
#6 - 50 Yard - ANY sight .22 Rimfire - Bench (This is the ONLY exception for commercial bought ammo allowed!)
#7 - 25 Yard - Youth (12 and under) ANY sight .22 Rimfire - Bench (This is the ONLY exception for commercial bought ammo allowed!)
#8 - 50 Yard - Youth (13-17) ANY sight .22 Rimfire - Bench (This is the ONLY exception for commercial bought ammo allowed!)

Rules:

You can use any kind of target that you like.

10 Shot Groups In all Classes. (This is for group scoring not "x" ring type scoring, in other words the smallest group wins, not the highest score!)

Off hand Means OFF HAND, standing on your own feet, without a rest OF ANY KIND!

On the target write - Your screen name (123.DieselBenz) - what model and caliber your gun is (Rem 700 30/06 Etc) - What class is it for (#1 Etc) - What boolit you shot, what it is sized at, and what lube you used (Lyman #314299 - .312 - Speed Green - Etc) - Your load (CCI #200 - 50.1gr of IMR 7828 - R-P 30/06 case - Etc)

HAND CAST BOOLITS ONLY!!

Match ends October 3, 2010. I will wait till Oct 9th to post the winner!

One entry Per Class, Per member.

Send all targets to:

Shawn T. Waldmann
1032 E Irene Circle
Sunsites, AZ 85625

Matt_G
05-31-2010, 09:41 AM
Off hand Means OFF HAND, standing on your own feet, without a rest OF ANY KIND!

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but for clarification that means no slings as well correct?

Tazman1602
05-31-2010, 10:14 AM
Never did make Juniors match dang it, things got too busy but I will try to make this one!

Art

Three-Fifty-Seven
05-31-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but for clarification that means no slings as well correct?

Correct.

No cross sticks, bi-pods . . . no friends shoulder . . . holding the gun in your own hands only, with long guns against the shoulder.

Three-Fifty-Seven
05-31-2010, 02:44 PM
To sweeten the pot!

Bullshop wrote in the thread which just recorded the winners of the last postal match:

Congrats to Legend on that smokin off hand HG group!!!!!
Too bad we cant get more folks involved! Its not like this is high level pro stuff, just some shooters getting together for some fun by the only means affordable to them.
Maybe some of the vendors could be persuaded to donate prises for the next match being run by 123.DieselBenz.
To show good faith I will start it off by offering a 1lb cake of Speedgreen. It would be up to the person running the match to decide how to distribute prises or even if they want to bother with the added responsibility. They could go to class winners or by drawing names from all participants.
I can ship now or ship to the winner at that time. Shipping now to the match holder would put a burden on the match holder to re pay shipping for prises at the end of the match.
123.DieselBenz
If this is OK with you you can post my donation offer at your match thread.
I am not looking for credit for anything here but just trying to give a bit more incentive to those that thought they would join in the fun but didn't quite make it.
Its all about this site of Ken's really.
BIC/BS

Even though this is "just for fun" a bit of good loob is always welcome!

Thank you Dan!

imashooter2
05-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Is the 50 yard rimfire for rifles or pistols?

Bullshop
05-31-2010, 11:36 PM
I think you should add special classes for the *youth* - maybe ages 10-13 and another one for 14-17 (or something) - we really need to help encourage the youth to keep shooting - and WOW! there are a lot of posters now - it took me *15* pages to find this thread --- there is NO reason why there are not a lot of participants in these postal matches --- come on sign up - it is all for fun -remember !!!

Tina- BS MOM

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Is the 50 yard rimfire for rifles or pistols?

I was thinking rifles . . . but if you want to use a pistol . . . go ahead! Put that entry in really for the little ones, and figured that would be challenging for them . . . but I'm gonna separate it into a few categories now per Mrs. Bullshop . . . Thanks Tina! (We don't want the little ones out shooting us old guy & gals!)

Bullshop Junior
06-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Can I shoot The 100 yard scoped pistol with a Iron sight pistol? ;-)

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Can I shoot The 100 yard scoped pistol with a Iron sight pistol? ;-)

Yup! If that trips your trigger! Go for it . . . but If I were you and I owned a scoped handgun, I'd use it! :Fire:

But you can't use a scoped gun in an iron site match . . . :groner:

Bullshop
06-07-2010, 02:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/bullshop/000_0185.jpg
I was working on an entry for the scoped rifle match today. It appears that I am closing in on it. Here are 4 targets I fired with an old Rem roller in 38/55.
I was using the NEI # 80 300gn tapered pointed boolit. Each target was burning a different powder. Powders used were Trail Boss, AA #5744, REL #7, and Varget.
The Best target is 1.4" and the worst is 3.2". I know I know there are folks here that regularly do better with revolvers but well I just ain't that good.
All I can say is talk is cheap and targets (honest)talk and BS walks. I see a lot of talking going on but not too many targets getting sent in. If this sounds close to home go ahead and make a fool out of me. By the way these are 10 shots groups fired at a lasered 100 yards. No baby steps now when you pace it off.
If I am sounding a bit rude I am sorry but me thinks that is what it will take to get folks off thier butts and out to shoot some holes in paper with thier guns and not thier keyboards. Go ahead make my day!!!
BIC/BS

Bullshop
06-07-2010, 03:18 PM
WOW!!! I thought that would rattle some cages and get some response but nuthin!!!
Some of you old guys that keep us all well informed about the tiny little groups you shoot via the keyboard stop for a minute and take your pulse cuz ya might have a problem with rigor mortis setting in soon.
Funny that the CBA gets more participation from CB members than does CB from CB members and you have to pay for their targets.
I have heard some say that they dont have to prove anything but that is not what it is about. What it is about is sharing and learning and comparing information.
I dont know what else to say to motivate folks. Get out, shoot, send in a target with your load data and be a part of it. Why not?
BIC/BS

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Thanks Dan!

I'm working on some stuff . . . Here is a target I shot this morning, nothing official, but maybe it will get some lead flying into paper! The wind was 10-15mph, gusting to 30 mph!

Fired three guns at "Poor Rabbit" from 25 yards . . .

First was my wife's Marlin 1894C w/buckhorn sights. (I just covered most of the rabbit with the bead!)
Winchester 38 Spl brass (fired too many times to count!)
Rem Small pistol primers
4.6gr TrailBoss
MiHec's 359-140gr
Emmerts loob
Shot the five "belly shots" 1.1883"

Second up was my Ruger 10/22 with 3X12 scope set at 10X aimed at it's eye, did I say it was windy?
I was using a brand I had never heard of - Armscor Precision LR 36gr hp. 10 shots, in 1.203"

Third up was my Ruger SRH Alaskan in 44Mag 2.5" barrel!
Starline 44 Mag
Win LP
11.1gr BlueDot
MiHec's 503 Pentagon hp
Emmerts loob
Kinda scattered them! (I won't bother measuring those!) Lets just say that "Poor Rabbit" doesn't have much to worry about with the 44 mag! (Yet!) I'm new to 44 mag, I'll probably use my 6.5" blackhawk for the match though!

Kind amazing that I shot open sights better than the 10X scope!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/Rabbit.jpg

Can anybody do better?!

JesterGrin_1
06-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Ok what the heck lol. I need to find a load for my Marlin 1894 in .357 Mag with the NOE 360180 RNFP/GC for hunting loads with H-110 or W-296 and since it seems nobody has said load for it I will see what it can do and post pictures if it does better than the side of a barn lol.

I know it will shoot the Hornady 180Gr HP/XTP great but darn it I want CAST BOOLITS lol. So it might be a good field mouse rifle. :)

Bullshop
06-12-2010, 06:31 PM
I keep trying to get folks interested Shawn but not making much progress.

Jestergrin 1
I am getting most excellent results with that boolit with 13gn Alliant Steel. I am shooting the HP version with fairly soft alloy so they are still close to 180gn.
This load may be too hot for some small frame revolvers but its fine in my Ruger Bisley and Marlin 1894.

frankenfab
06-12-2010, 06:52 PM
I think the matches are a great idea, and have been wanting to enter, just haven't had the time.

bart55
06-12-2010, 09:34 PM
I have been working so much and because of family matters ,I have not shot at all for a month but I will get a couple of targets shot at and enter . I always loved these matches .Friendly competition with lead

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-12-2010, 09:54 PM
All you gotta do is save you targets . . . in mid September, go through them and find the best 10 shot group! It will only cost you $00000000.44 (If USPS doesn't up their rates!)

Your not required to be wearing a special hat or shooting vest while making the shots!:p

I hope I don't win ANY of the classes, but if I'm the only one shooting, guess who is the winner? :lovebooli

Bullshop
06-12-2010, 10:09 PM
I fired my off hand iron sight target today and got some nice 1" 100 yard groups, NOT!!!
I did fire some 50 yard iron sight groups but I think I am far from unbeatable. If I dont better it soon I will send in this one along with my 100 yard scope target.
Plenty of time and room for improvment.
BIC/BS

Wayne R. Scott
06-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Shawn,

I'll shoot some and send you a few targets, so you can get a good laugh. That is if it ever stops raining up here.

Wayne

imashooter2
06-13-2010, 03:54 PM
I fired my off hand iron sight target today and got some nice 1" 100 yard groups, NOT!!!
I did fire some 50 yard iron sight groups but I think I am far from unbeatable. If I dont better it soon I will send in this one along with my 100 yard scope target.
Plenty of time and room for improvment.
BIC/BS

Can't swing a dead cat on the internet without knocking over half a dozen MOA shooters. Odd thing is, they never post targets...

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Shawn,

I'll shoot some and send you a few targets, so you can get a good laugh. That is if it ever stops raining up here.

Wayne

Oh come on Wayne!

You could then say that the rain drops deflected the boolits, and that is why you only got 7 or 8 on the paper! [smilie=l: We haven't had any rain since April 18th, then only 0.1" You noticed I mentioned it was VERY windy when I posted that picture with my groups at only 25 yards! (Even the best shooters have figured out how to "explain that one flyer shot":veryconfu)

Don't be surprised on how good you are![smilie=s:

Hey, people are gonna send lead down range anyways right, mights well share the wealth and help our poor postal workers out by giving them something else to deliver than 68.9 pound flat rate boxes of lead to me!:grin:

JesterGrin_1
06-13-2010, 06:40 PM
I keep trying to get folks interested Shawn but not making much progress.

Jestergrin 1
I am getting most excellent results with that boolit with 13gn Alliant Steel. I am shooting the HP version with fairly soft alloy so they are still close to 180gn.
This load may be too hot for some small frame revolvers but its fine in my Ruger Bisley and Marlin 1894.

The powders I wish to stay with sense I have a few or ten pounds of each is H-110, W-296 and TightGroup. And well I have ruled out Tightgroup it is a great low to midrange powder but after that it builds pressure way to fast and accuracy goes out the window not to mention lead left in the barrel lol.

But this week I will load up some test rounds and give them a try. :)

RU shooter
06-13-2010, 07:39 PM
I'll join in on this match if I may. Can I shoot the 100 yd rifle with open sights since I dont have a scope on mine? Do I need to post a pic of the target here and then send it in too?

Tim

Bullshop
06-13-2010, 09:27 PM
The H110 or 296 will likely work as good or better. I just got a deal on the Alliant Steel at our last gun show thats all.
Ru Shooter
I bet that will be OK, you could even shoot at 150 yard too, you know give us old guys a handicap.
BIC/BS

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-14-2010, 07:52 AM
I'll join in on this match if I may. Can I shoot the 100 yd rifle with open sights since I dont have a scope on mine? Do I need to post a pic of the target here and then send it in too?

Tim

Yeah, Welcome Tim to the best little shootin' match!

Yes, you can shoot the 100 yard class with open sight off a bench, you also can enter with the same gun in the 50 yard off hand class.

You don't have to post it online, but it might be a kick in the butt for others to get entered! I need to have the final targets mailed to me so I can measure them, and post the results.

GrizzLeeBear
06-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Hey, this looks like fun!

Shawn, kind of late, but you could change the description to read:

"#1 - 100 yard - Any Sight Rifle - Bench Rest"

Like they do for NRA smallbore, etc. that way you would include open sights, peep sights and scopes in that class.

Hopefully I'll find my rounduit and shoot some targets to send it.

RU shooter
06-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Ru Shooter
I bet that will be OK, you could even shoot at 150 yard too, you know give us old guys a handicap.
BIC/BS:lol: I may not be as old as some here but I'm not getting any younger either, and thats an extra 100 yds I'd have to walk!!!!
How bout I close one eye,all you aging gentlemen can use both:kidding:

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-14-2010, 11:40 PM
I've been thinking . . . there are only two of the eight classes that are off hand . . . what if we (I) changed all the rimfire to 25 yard off hand?

Let me know what you think . . . I was thinking, that at least in a hunting situation . . . there are not many benches around . . . yes, if I'm out, and I could find a tree to rest against, or even kneel . . .

Also . . . another thought . . . do you think these days, that more people (young people) have scopes? When I was growing up . . . most 22's did not have a scope! Should the rimfires be allowed to use scopes?

I want this to be fun, and well represented.

And yes, if it is a scoped event, you can use any sight you want, I was lumping open, buckhorn, peeps . . . all as "iron sights" just for everybody to know.

imashooter2
06-15-2010, 07:33 AM
I don't have a range where I can shoot rimfire rifle 25 yards. I could do the 50 yards offhand, but we already have a 50 yard offhand rifle category. Since my rifles have iron sights as well, I like things as they are.

But the beautiful thing about being Match Director is you get to run it as you see fit to get best participation.

Changing the youth categories to any sight would broaden the base in a couple of pretty narrow fields. I suspect changing the youth to offhand would put some kids off. Changing the adult rimfire to any sight could also add shooters.

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-15-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm also re-thinking #8 . . . making it 25 yards . . . but it may conflict with available ranges . . .

What do you think?

Speak now, or forever hold your peace!

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Question: instead of Hand cast boolits, Can I use cartridge (handloaded) with a Hand swaged brass jacketed boollit ? they have a hand cast lead core in them.

I would be willing to shoot a 44 Mag Handgun, iron site, off-hand,
and maybe a 44 Mag levergun, iron site, off-hand.
Jon

imashooter2
06-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Question: instead of Hand cast boolits, Can I use cartridge (handloaded) with a Hand swaged brass jacketed boollit ? they have a hand cast lead core in them.

I would be willing to shoot a 44 Mag Handgun, iron site, off-hand,
and maybe a 44 Mag levergun, iron site, off-hand.
Jon

Naturally it is up to Shawn, but I'm thoroughly and completely opposed.

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-15-2010, 11:04 PM
No full length jackets . . . but a regular gas check is OK.

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Anybody else have input on post #32 & #34?

[smilie=s:

woody1
06-20-2010, 07:43 PM
For the kids ONLY just add a 25 yd. class. Regards, Woody

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-26-2010, 09:49 PM
OK . . . so no other input . . . I'll change the rimfires ALL to "any sight" and the 12 and under rimfire to 25 yards!

I got two new Remington 511P's to play with . . . gonna give you all a run for your money!:bigsmyl2:

[smilie=s:

RayinNH
06-28-2010, 11:10 AM
If we act childish does that allow us to shoot in the youth category :wink:...Ray

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-28-2010, 01:30 PM
If we act childish does that allow us to shoot in the youth category :wink:...Ray

The hard part with that is . . . who decides what age group you belong in? :lol:

Just for a even playing field . . . lets use the date on your birth certificate (you do have one, right?) and figure how old a person is on the 3rd of October . . .

Is anybody out shooting?

I'm going Saturday with my wife, to get ready for the shoot on Monday July 5th!

imashooter2
06-28-2010, 02:12 PM
I haven't got any keepers yet, but October is still a long ways off. I'm definitely in for matches 2 and 6 and will probably try not to embarrass myself on 1 and 5.

RU shooter
06-28-2010, 08:52 PM
I went out Suday AM and braved the 90% humidity and have one decent target so far I'll have to break out the 22 my next outing.

Three-Fifty-Seven
06-28-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm planning on 1,3,4,5,6!:mrgreen:

Still waiting on my checkmaker for my Rem 270 so I can shoot #1

I assume that my Marlin 1894 44 mag will do better than my AK47, but I'll try both for #3 (still need a checkmaker for 30 cal too! There both paid for, just waiting for them to be made and shipped)

Plan on using a 6.5" Blackhawk with 38 spl's for #4 & #5)

This weekend I should have my new / old Rem 511P to shoot #6!

:Fire:

So . . . everybody . . . :Fire:

imashooter2
06-28-2010, 10:58 PM
I went out Suday AM and braved the 90% humidity and have one decent target so far I'll have to break out the 22 my next outing.

I was out Sunday too, but shooting ICORE. I was using my own cast, but the "groups"were a bit over sized for mailing. :smile:

DanWalker
07-03-2010, 12:22 AM
OK, How's this for an idea?
Whichever of you Fancy boys outshoots me and wins the 50 yard benched handgun class gets either 100 454424 swcHP's or 100 pieces of 45ACP brass ON ME!

Three-Fifty-Seven
07-03-2010, 09:40 AM
OK, How's this for an idea?
Whichever of you Fancy boys outshoots me and wins the 50 yard benched handgun class gets either 100 454424 swcHP's or 100 pieces of 45ACP brass ON ME!

Dan you the MAN! Thank You!

I just got a 45 1911 last night!

On my way out the door with my Blackhawk now . . . I haven't shot it in way too long!

Three-Fifty-Seven
07-04-2010, 04:28 PM
No more excuses. Tis the reason to go shooting:
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/National-Firearms-Training-Week.jpg

More found here:
http://www.ammoland.com/2010/05/07/national-firearms-training-week-2/

Beat me if you can![smilie=w:

Three-Fifty-Seven
07-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey, If I can post these . . . shouldn't be to hard to beat me! These are all up close too! (We shot at 27 yards, cuz . . . that is where the shade tree was!)

All paper is 11" X 8.5"

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/Target5.jpg

Colt Gov Combat Commander w/ Magtec 230gr ball . . . (hey, thats all I had!) 8 shots!
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/Target4.jpg

I only have a 6 round mag, so these are only 7 shots . . .
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/Target3.jpg

Two 10 round groups, one in the triangle, the other below . . .
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/Target2.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/Target1.jpg

Hey! I had FUN!:smile:

DanWalker
07-06-2010, 12:09 AM
NICE!
I see none of the keyboard commando's have picked up the gauntlet I flung down the other day.
I was going to shoot some entries today, but the 25mph gusting winds put the skids to that idea.
I'm going back up the mountain tomorrow to try again.

imashooter2
07-06-2010, 07:09 AM
October is still a long ways off.

RugerFan
07-06-2010, 10:30 AM
October is still a long ways off.

Yup. I'm going to try to enter a target, but I won't get to a range until Sept.

redneckdan
07-11-2010, 09:37 AM
I'll get in on this in the next week hopefully. Been waiting for the heat to break.

I plan to enter all catgories open to me.

imashooter2
07-12-2010, 11:08 PM
My regular shooting partner and I took a day off today to go shooting. We do this a few times a year and head to a range about 80 miles up a toll road because they have pits where you can set up for holster work, shoot and move... all the things we can't do at the local "Bullseye" club.

Imagine our joy when we arrive and see the road blocked off with a sign saying all ranges are closed for construction.:?

Ah well, no worries. We'll just head on back home and hit the Bullseye club. Sure, we can only load 5 at a time but we can still shoot 50 yard offhand at the black powder range with low velocity cast and hey, it beats working.

An hour and a half later we get to find out that the black powder and high powder ranges at the Bullseye club are closed for repair as well. Not the best day for our big shooting extravaganza. Might have been nice if either club had mentioned it in their newsletters.[smilie=b:

So I shot some 50 yard rimfire with the old iron sighted Mossberg 320B. Got a few nice 9 shot groups with a tug and 2 that were keepers. I'll have to get my scanner working and post a picture of the best to date.

Shot handgun too with the usual hideous results. No targets worth keeping there.

imashooter2
07-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Here we go... Low end Mossberg single shot rifle , iron sights with 53 year old eyes using cheap 11 year old PMC Zapper.

http://home.comcast.net/~imashooter2/pictures/postal2010-22-600.jpg

This rifle sort of favors that Korean "junk." :cool: Only about 900 left out of the brick or two that I picked up in 1999.:cry:

And in case you think trying a few different brands in your rifle is wasted time, some theoretically "better" Remington High Velocity.

http://home.comcast.net/~imashooter2/pictures/22-rem.jpg

walltube
07-14-2010, 03:06 AM
This has been one of my efforts for the October Postal Match . Working with a 174 gr. Lyman 308375 pushed by 20 gr. AA2400. Started at 50 yds. 17 gr., working each load +.5gr. increments. Groups are getting tighter with each increased .5gr. Could reach a point of diminishing returns before I get to 100 yds.

If this boolit fails my expectations, a heavy long bore ride boolit too is showing promise with the Rem M700 .30\'06. It's a real treat doing this.

Maybe some future match will feature a 50yd. bench rest bolt mil-surps, issue sights only?

With tar balls and tar patties at the shore,

Wt.

Three-Fifty-Seven
07-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Looking good Walltube!

I need to get out again, hopefully Saturday, Friday (my normal day off) I need to run across the border for a doctors apointment, afternoon down here is no fun outside!:violin:

I hear you on more catogories, but . . . we could end up with many one entries, you could enter in either the 50 yard off hand or the 100 yard bench (No requirement that says you have to use a scope)

- - - - - -

Ima, Yes different ammo make HUGE difference! I just recently got two 22 bolts (Rem 511P's), and I bought my wifes cheap cuz the last few inches were wore out from cleaning rods . . . since she is small of stature, I was gonna chop it down anyways . . . I still have not gotten around to chopping it, but last week we ran five different rounds through it, and she can shoot better than me with a messed up barrel! (No rifling at all last 2"-3"!)

redneckdan
07-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Here are my first two entries. First-

#2 - 50 Yard - Iron sight Rifle - Off Hand

Savage model 99 in .300 savage. Lasered at 56yds. Load was a ranch dog 170gr aloxed then JPW/alox dipped after loading. Loaded over 13.0gr of unique and a magtech LR primer.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/redneckdan/IMGP4128.jpg

Second Entry

#5 - 25 Yard - Iron sight Handgun - Off hand

S&W model 19 6" barrel. Factory sights, coated with soot to reduce glare. Mixed brass, lyman 160gr wadcutter cast of range scrap. Loaded over 3.5gr of promo lit with a winchester SP. Shot at 25yds according to the established range distances. Shot with two hand hold, fire once, rest, fire again, rest....took me about 20 minutes to fire the group.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/redneckdan/IMGP4129.jpg

Both targets are regulation 50' bullseye slow fire targets.

imashooter2
07-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Some pretty fine shooting there!

redneckdan
07-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Just wait until I bust out the .375 ouch and ouch for the scope rifle event...everything will turn to **** after the first 3 shots or so....:violin: Guess i could use some lighter loads....or a sand bag under the butt....

rhbrink
07-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Maybe a dumb question but would using a muzzleloader in the iron sight matches be OK? Been shooting them a lot more lately and the only rifles that I have with irons besides a old Rusky with a very short barrel and kindof ruff bore, well not kindof more like reall ruff.

Three-Fifty-Seven
07-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Maybe a dumb question but would using a muzzleloader in the iron sight matches be OK? Been shooting them a lot more lately and the only rifles that I have with irons besides a old Rusky with a very short barrel and kindof ruff bore, well not kindof more like reall ruff.

Yeah sure your welcome to shoot the smoke pole with iron sights! (but you still gotta shoot ten rounds)

Glad to have you on board!

rhbrink
07-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Thanks I didn't think it would be a problem just wanted to make sure didn't want to offend anyone. They're probably laughing anyway!:bigsmyl2:

Hubertus
08-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Sorry, but here is another "is this ok" question:
Reading the posts it is allowed to use iron sights in the 100 yard scoped category, fine. The only two problems I have are:
#1 I only have 100 meters (109.36 yards) range distance available
#2 The range I can shoot on for this event has electronic target displays, and we are not allowed to put up paper of our own, but can have a printout of the particular target area including the score and group size.

Would this be ok to participate in the match?
If you like I could ask a witness to attest the authenticity.

Hubertus

Three-Fifty-Seven
08-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Sorry, but here is another "is this ok" question:
Reading the posts it is allowed to use iron sights in the 100 yard scoped category, fine. The only two problems I have are:
#1 I only have 100 meters (109.36 yards) range distance available
#2 The range I can shoot on for this event has electronic target displays, and we are not allowed to put up paper of our own, but can have a printout of the particular target area including the score and group size.

Would this be ok to participate in the match?
If you like I could ask a witness to attest the authenticity.

Hubertus

Interesting . . . yes a hundred meters will be fine . . .

Yeah, send me the target print out, that sounds different . . . but we don't live on that side of the pond . . .

And welcome to our match!

Hubertus
08-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi Shawn,

Thank you for letting me participate in the match.
That will be my first ever postal match [smilie=w:

Just to take the witchcraft a little bit out of the electronic target display.
At the target frame there are 4 microphones (one either corner) those measure the sound of the impacting projectile and via the difference in delay of the sound arriving at the 4 corners a server (computer) attached to the system calculates the impact point on the target with a specific software. On the firing line you have displays that shows a virtual representation of the target and immediately after firing: the impact point. There is a printer attached to the computer as well and one can printout the virtual representation of the target.

I will make some pictures while at the range and post them in the forum later.

That is how the firing line monitor looks like – that’s not my submission, yet.

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz157/Hubertus_album/Range%20report%20Money%20PP/IMG00028-20100709-2047.jpg

Of course we do have 100 m ranges with regular paper targets but the range I would go to for that is not open right now, but now I have time to go shooting. So I’d rather do it now then waiting for reopening and have no spare time. This Saturday some friends and I will go to that “electro” range it has lanes up to 300 m and by that distance the electronic target display makes for no walking and more shooting…

Hubertus

DragoonDrake
08-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I may have missed where it was answered; I don't have a range finder, is it ok if I pace off the distances?

Adam

imashooter2
08-05-2010, 12:07 PM
I may have missed where it was answered; I don't have a range finder, is it ok if I pace off the distances?

Adam

LOL! It's X yards on the honor system. Nothing keeps you from shooting groups at ten feet except your personal warranty.

Three-Fifty-Seven
08-05-2010, 02:15 PM
LOL! It's X yards on the honor system. Nothing keeps you from shooting groups at ten feet except your personal warranty.

+1 We trust you!

Now if it was 2 gazillion dollars on the line . . . that may be different!

If I see powder burns or lube splattered . . . I may ask a few questions . . .

When my wife went to qualify for her ccw, she had some shooting at close range, the instructor obviously did not know much about boolits, and told my wife she was not supposed to be using snake shot, she said that she was only using what her husband had loaded and gave her! I looked at the target, and there was lube splattered on it, but it did not penetrate!
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/CCW005.jpg

DragoonDrake
08-05-2010, 05:48 PM
It is funny that you talked about the lube splatter. When I shoot the postell bullet I still get that spray at 50yrds. I just think it is funny.

DIRT Farmer
08-05-2010, 09:27 PM
:holysheepIs a 530 grn bullet heavy enough to stablise all the way to 50 yds?

imashooter2
08-07-2010, 10:58 AM
The 1894C at 50 yards. I can do better. The shooting continues...

http://home.comcast.net/~imashooter2/pictures/2010postal-357-600.jpg

JesterGrin_1
08-08-2010, 06:49 PM
I am sorry so far this is the best I can do.
Ok Back and it was HOT 100F lol.
This is out of my Marlin 1894 .357 Mag Pre Safty Micro groove. 100 yards.Each Square is 1 in.
NOE 360-180 RNFP/GC Size .359
14.5Gr W-296
Remington Case
CCI-550 Primer.
Top right hole I did not pull I yanked lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/SHAKERATTLEROLL/IMAG0060-1.jpg

Three-Fifty-Seven
08-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Jester that is pretty good shooting . . . what kinda sights are you using? My wife has the same gun with buckhorns . . .
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/Marlin%201894/Marlin1894357Mag.jpg

JesterGrin_1
08-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Thank You Shawn and I wish I could still use open sights lol. But it is just a Cheap Tasco 3x9 by 40 scope.

imashooter2
08-08-2010, 07:56 PM
You should have put 5 more on that target. That yank could be the winner this year...

JesterGrin_1
08-08-2010, 07:59 PM
I only had 5 lol. Well really I had 16 lol. 3 loads and one foul shot from a clean barrel lol.

But I will load more after I cast more and size more and and lol. And give it another go lol.

And where did this 10 round thing come from lol. :) Okay Okay I am slow lol. I went back to read the info which says 10 shots lol.

But I posted this mainly for info and that the load semi worked lol. But then again it is nice to hear others at the range say what do you expect out of a little lever gun one hole groups and I looked back and said well YES lol.

Three-Fifty-Seven
08-08-2010, 11:01 PM
I only had 5 lol. Well really I had 16 lol. 3 loads and one foul shot from a clean barrel lol.

But I will load more after I cast more and size more and and lol. And give it another go lol.

And where did this 10 round thing come from lol. :) Okay Okay I am slow lol. I went back to read the info which says 10 shots lol.

But I posted this mainly for info and that the load semi worked lol. But then again it is nice to hear others at the range say what do you expect out of a little lever gun one hole groups and I looked back and said well YES lol.

Thats OK, we knew you were really just warming up! you got 4 good ones, just gotta train six more to follow . . .

home in oz
08-13-2010, 03:20 AM
Why not a stardized target?

You could post it here.....

imashooter2
08-13-2010, 07:00 AM

That's been tried before. Just a few of the problems...

Different printers will make the "standard" target slightly different sizes (sometimes not so slight).
Not everyone will have access to the same commercial targets.
It's hard to measure groups or score close targets on a computer screen.

Three-Fifty-Seven
08-13-2010, 11:37 AM

I'm gonna just measure the group, so it does not really matter what your aiming at, if you like circles, or squares, or triangles, or an "X" or a "+" use it, in whatever color you can do your best with.

This is a "group measurement" contest, not a "score" contest.

If you like, you can tear out a picture of your "favorite" whatever out of a magazine and use that to shoot at!:bigsmyl2:

[smilie=s:

Hubertus
08-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Well I tried but the results are not really good, still I am posting a pic.
Guess that means I'll have to visit the range again :mrgreen:
The load needs some more work, too.

Hubertus

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz157/Hubertus_album/Range%20report%20Money%20PP/IMG00067-20100815-2032.jpg

Three-Fifty-Seven
08-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Interesting . . . how big is the outside of the biggest ring? How far apart are the rings

Hubertus
08-20-2010, 05:23 PM
As I said the "group", if you want to call that so is not really good.

The target used is a BDS scope 300m target.
Dimensions are:
bullseye 50 mm
10 ring 100 mm
every next ring 50 mm
diameter of the 5 ring is 600 mm

The right side of the score sheet shows the group size.
First line: group diameter 422 mm :oops:
Second line heigth of the group 198 mm
Third line width of the group 399 mm

To my defence this target was shot at 200 m I didn't print the 100 m targets because I decided I should be doing better for my first postal match. :bigsmyl2:

Hubertus

Three-Fifty-Seven
09-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Just over two weeks left!

Let the lead fly!:Fire:

I'm going to a Appleseed this Saturday!

imashooter2
09-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Well, September has really been a disappointment. I've been working 10- 12 hour days 7 days a week. At this point it looks like the only targets I'm going to have to send in are the two I already posted, rimfire and 50 yard offhand. :(

imashooter2
09-21-2010, 07:22 AM
Well, my 2 targets are in the mail. Disappointing that with all that time I didn't get more accomplished. The range closings on my day off really hurt the effort.

Three-Fifty-Seven
09-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Imashooter2, I got your targets last night, both are better than I have been doing!

I have been out sick the last two weeks . . . but this morning I was determined to go out, so I took my 2.5" snubby Alaskan in 44 Mag (I couldn't even get all 10 on the paper!) I then took my 6.5" New Blackhawk in 357 Mag, but I'm ashamed to show those targets too! I normally shoot handguns at 10 - 15 yards, as they are my self-defense tools, maybe next year I should skip the 25 yard off hand and make it 15 yards instead, we may get more participation . . .

I did not really have a bench, but I laid a towel on the roof of my car . . . and shot my Rem 513 22lr, it was a tad breezy, I plan to try to go out earlier tomorrow, maybe I can get a better group than yours, but it will be hard for me . . .

Here is what I shot today:
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/22Target.jpg

I then took my Marlin 1894 in 44 Mag, and to be honest, It is hard for me to see the target good at 50 yards, but I still sent 50 rounds down range . . . the first 40 were so horrible, that I cheated and rested the rifle on the towel on the car, only then could I get only nine on the paper . . . think I need a scope! I do have a peep on the back, but it is missing the aperture . . . that I'm sure is not helping either.

The rest of you need to send in your targets if you have them, you actually have a tad over one week to still shoot though, so make the best of it!:Fire:

So far Imashooter2 is Winning the two classes he entered!:mrgreen:

Three-Fifty-Seven
09-25-2010, 02:12 PM
So I went out this morning determined to take the title away from Imashooter2 in at least the 22 class . . . I got up early, and loaded the car . . . didn't get 1/8 of a mile and my benz starts coughing! I turn around and head for home!

I reload everything into my wife's car and head out again!

This is my first target:
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/22Rem513.jpg

I had readjusted my scope from yesterdays shooting, and shot the upper left target first with the same CCI Blazer ammo I was using yesterday, first shot was the flyer! I then decided to try some new ammo from Remington called "Peters" and shot the other top targets . . . that not gonna cut it, so I switch back to the CCI Blazers, and shot the bottom three targets . . . I think I can do better, but the breeze was starting to pick up, so maybe I'll try again in the morning!

Anybody else out there shooting?

BTW way the offer from Bullshop is for the best group from hand cast boolits, not the 22 rimfire class!

I met an interesting guy out there who came to sight in his PD guns . . . all 17 cals, I had never seen anything like that . . . so he let me shoot them, first two were Rem 700 in what I believe is called 17 Fireball, (a 221 fireball necked down) it shot pretty good, I shot better than he did with his own guns! He then had a 17 cal that was built off a 10/22, but had a special barrel . . . and another one that was 17 built of a 22 magnum 10/22 . . . the centerfires were nice!

I decided to shoot my 22 offhand and see how I did . . . obviously not as good as rested, but I think the scope sure helps me see better! (I could not even keep all ten on the paper with my lever!)
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/22Rem51325YardsOffhand.jpg

Certainly you can do better than that, but . . . I really want to get my 270 going, but waiting on a checkmaker . . . next year I hope to have a scope on my lever!

Hubertus
09-28-2010, 04:05 PM
OK, here it comes, please don’t laugh.
Since the beginning of this match nothing really looked presentable from my two [smilie=b:range trips. Time is running out and most probably I will not make it again.
I said I join in and I am usually keeping my word.
Although it is not good - here is my entry for class #5.

This was shot with my Remington New Model Army in .44
Load was 28 grains of Swiss 1.5, overpowder felt wad lubed with homemade Hubertus lube and a .454 roundball
Distance 25 meters (27.34 yards hope that is ok)

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz157/Hubertus_album/1858/IMG00099-20100928-2037.jpg

Hopefully the mail will make it on time.

Hubertus

TCFAN
09-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Targets for match 1 and 2 go in the mail tomorrow.Hope they make it on time.
The next postal match I hope to do better.................Terry

Three-Fifty-Seven
09-28-2010, 10:27 PM
They should make it . . . got over a week and a half to get here, but only a few days left to shoot . . . I'm hoping to give it another shot this weekend!

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Targets for match 1 and 2 go in the mail tomorrow.Hope they make it on time.
The next postal match I hope to do better.................Terry

I got them today! So far your the only one in class #1

You did much better than me . . . so far . . . I went out this afternoon even though I've been fighting the flu bug (Thanks bus kids!) with my Marlin 1894 in 44 mag, trying to find a load that works in it . . .

I took out some of my MiHec's 434640's today loaded with the following powders:
TrailBoss 6.0gr 252gr hp - didn't do too bad . . .
Unique 8.5gr 271gr solid also not so bad . . .
Unique 12.0gr 271gr solid opened up quite a bit - three off the paper!
BlueDot 16.0gr 271gr solid only one on the paper! They were all over the place I was shooting into my 15" X 15" boolit trap, and they were hitting low,high, right, left!

I pulled the lever and bolt, and it was leaded up! I think I was pushing them too hard, the leading started about 1/3 of the way up the barrel, I was using t he RCBS lube, I'm not crazy about it (these were pb boolits) According to the books these should have been in the 1200 fps out of a revolver so I figure adding another 300 fps because of the longer barrel!

I never did shoot the ones I loaded with 2400, 18.0gr & 19.0gr . . .

Tomorrow I have a Dr's apt in Mexico, maybe I'll get a chance to try again . . . I think one of my problems is I do not have an aperture in my peep sight . . . I need to call Williams . . .

EVERYBODY get your targets shot this weekend!:mrgreen:

So far I only have targets from two shooters! Other than mine . . . which aren't very good!

imashooter2
10-01-2010, 11:18 PM
I was thinking of sneaking out tomorrow morning and trying to get something presentable for the 25 yard handgun, but the big storms that blew through SE PA last night have the access road to the club closed. Trees and power lines blocking the road AND the creek flooded.

Just bad luck. :(

geargnasher
10-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Boy, am I late to the party! Finally took time tonight to find out just what a "Postal match" is, sure wish I'd looked sooner!

I'm sure I could dig up some targets from this Summer, but I'd rather be in it from the beginning when I "tune up" a load, posting pics along the way like some of you have. Really neat to see that, especially from "regular" guys like me.

Gear

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Yeah Gear, this is for the regular guys not the 300 yards and under an inch, standing on one foot with iron sights while singing O'l Susanna . . . using copper!

We shoot ten round groups to see the big picture, of the "normal" shot, we don't care about that one time shot that rang the 4" steel at 1000 yards (after 50 shots!)

I think I found my problem with my marlin . . . after I cleaned the lead out, it looks like I got a coating of copper in it!, I must not have checked it out that close when I got it!

Got to tomorrow night to shoot holes in paper, then send them in! The more the merrier!

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I got three targets from Dan Walker today!

Keep them coming![smilie=w:

imashooter2
10-02-2010, 06:16 PM
I hope redneckdan doesn't forget that pistol target. It was a pretty darn good effort...

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Today is the last day to shoot!

Sun is shining today, I hope to go out this afternoon, and try to get all ten on the paper with Marlin open sights at 50 yards, and also the 25 yard handgun . . .

Send your targets in tomorrow!

imashooter2
10-03-2010, 12:01 PM
My range is still shut down. :(

On the up side, I'm waiting for the pot to melt even as I type.:)

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-05-2010, 02:06 PM
I've only gotten targets from three people so far, if you haven't put them in the mail do so today!

imashooter2
10-05-2010, 02:29 PM
More than 3 people posted targets in the thread. There has to be more in the mail...

geargnasher
10-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Well somebody better, cuz I got a stack of 1/2" groups at 300 yards with my .60-bore flintlock musket I might have to send in! :kidding:

Gear

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Well . . . I got the target from Hubertus today! (All the way from Germany!)

I hope the rest show up tomorrow!

walltube
10-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Shawn,

Thank you for all your effort and time organising this postal match. Obviously a labor of love on behalf, and, for the benefit of all C.B. members where ever their home.

My getting enough 'bench time' to submit a worthy target before the deadline of this postal match was limited. Honey Island Range weekends-only-hours available to the public, the too few shooting stations coupled with too many eager shooters waiting in queue saps my ever dwindling supply of patience. So, I pack 'er up and head for the house; no need to sit in agonising silence waiting and waiting...Am I alone here? LOL!

Now finished my sniveling rant, I can say I'm looking forward to the next match. Hopefully my body & brain will not be subject to ambient temperature before then...:)

With Very Best Regards,

H. Leaming

Hubertus
10-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Hey, good that it finally got to you.
I might have as well brought it with me on the plane and post it in the US - but I wasn't sure whether it's gonna make it on time.

Well my range time for the match wasn't plenty either... I wanted to get some targets with my new ML for the 50 yard category but that was not possible and with the 100 yard class, while at the range my front sight got loose. After that only one visit to test the ML.

So what I sent in was shot as a sideshow on one of the range visits during waiting for one rifle lane to free up...
But I promised to take part here you have it...:bigsmyl2:

And definitely yes there has to be a follow up match!

Hubertus

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-09-2010, 10:08 PM
OK, first off I want to say thank you to those who sent in targets!

I want to apologize that I was not able to participate in more than one class. (My groups were more like patterns on both 25 yard hand gun, and 50 yard rifle!) And I never got my 270 checkmaker . . .

For class #1
TCFAN took First Place shooting his T/C Encore in 30-30!
Using a 311332 Lubed w/BAC, with 16.0gr SR4759
3.460"

Second place went to Dan Walker shooting his Savage 10 in 7mm-08
Using a 135gr Soupcan, with 16.5gr 2400
4.927"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For class #2
TCFAN took First Place shooting a Marlin 336W in 30-30!
Using a 311041 lubed w/BAC, with 8.0gr Unique
2.672"

Second place went to Imashooter shooting his Marlin 1894C
Using a SAECO #353, lubed with Carnauba Red, with 10.5gr 2400
3.806"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Class #4
Went to Dan Walker Shooting his Ruger Blackhawk 5.5"
Using 454424 and 6.5gr RedDot
Nine shots in 7.610"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For class #5
First place went to Dan Walker Shooting his Ruger Blackhawk!
Using 454424 and 6.5gr RedDot
3.705"

Second Place went to Hubertus shooting a Uberti New Army 44
Using a .452 Round Ball lubed with his own lube on a felt wad, and 28gr of Swiss #1.5 blackpowder!
10.673"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For Class #6
First place went to 123.DieselBenz shooting his Remington 511!
Using CCI Blazer 40gr lead rp's
.859"

Second place went to Imashooter using his Mossberg 320B
Using PMC Zapper
.944"

I'm sorry that we didn't have more participants . . .

So for the actual Cast Boolit Summer Match TCFAN is the Best shooter shooting 2.672"! and Won the bragging rights for the year! (And a pound of Speed Green lube)

I'm think next year maybe I should extend the time to say Dec 1 instead . . .

imashooter2
10-09-2010, 11:45 PM
2nd out of two, twice...
[smilie=l:
:oops:

TCFAN
10-09-2010, 11:56 PM
First time I have ever won anything!!!!!!!!!!!!Terry

geargnasher
10-10-2010, 03:16 AM
Congrats, TCFAN! Gotta love the old .30-30.

Gear

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-10-2010, 10:22 AM
2nd out of two, twice...
[smilie=l:
:oops:

Don't feel bad . . . it was just that one high one on the 50 yards . . . the rest were tight!

And I had an unfair advantage on beating you in the 22 Class . . . because I knew what you shot,, and I just kept shooting until I got a tad better! (I shot alot!)

I'm the one who should be embarrassed . . . I did not even enter a cast target!:oops: If I was using a larger target like Hubertus . . . I might have beat him by .001" but I was only using 8.5 X 11 paper . . . and couldn't keep ten on the paper!

- - - - - - - - - - -

Terry,
I forwarded your address to Bullshop to send you the Speed Green . . .

TCFAN
10-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Terry,
I forwarded your address to Bullshop to send you the Speed Green . . .

Thanks Shawn...Also thanks to Bullshop for putting up the Speed Green..Very kind.......Terry

imashooter2
10-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Don't feel bad . . . i

Don't worry about me. I shoot a fair bit of USPSA and ICORE. I'm used to getting pounded. :lol:

Just wish I'd gotten in some more range time. I hereby resolve to make a better effort next time!

Bullshop
10-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Terry
I have your address and will get that lube off asap. I am about out of stock so plan to spend the week making up both speed green and nasa.
We are just now reopening after a 5 month layoff. Lots of catch up to do.

TCFAN
10-10-2010, 10:32 PM
No problem Bullshop... That will give me time to look for another lube sizer to use the Speed green in................Terry

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Just wish I'd gotten in some more range time. I hereby resolve to make a better effort next time!

I just got done yesterday working up 200 rounds for my 44 mag, (three diff boolits, five diff powders) now that I got an aperture for my Williams sight . . . and a year to practice . . . I hope that I will be able to get a presentable target! Going shooting today!

Should have my 270 in line by then too!

I don't even need to worry about a range out here . . . I just go out in the desert . . . but just gotta do it! I feel sorry for you guys trying to get time in an organized range with hours, and sharing with other shooters.

I also am thinking of a cross country move this next year, so hopefully that doesn't mess this up!

DanWalker
10-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Practice? I went out and the groups I submitted were the only groups I shot that day.
No practice, no warmups. Just load the gun and shoot. Guess I could've done better, but was pressed for time.

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-11-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm glad you got a day that wasn't too windy Dan, at least you didn't have to give any of you boolits or brass away (nobody beat you in your handgun classes!)

Well, I'm fairly new to the 44 mag, and my 2.5" barrel jumps a bit . . . plus I'm still working up loads on both the revolver and lever . . .

Put fifty 432640 Solids with five different powder charges, and
Put fifty H&G 503 Pent hp's five different powder charges through the lever this morning . . .

Put ninety 432640 Round Hp's with eight different powder charges
Put fifty H&G 503 Pent hp's with five different powder charges through the Alaskan . . .

I'll be glad when I get good at this shooting stuff . . .

[smilie=s:

Hubertus
10-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Hey, congrats to the winners!!!!!
I think everybody should feel good (still I am a little embarassed due to my "group") since we did send in targets, didn't we. It all will be better the next time.

DieselBenz - looks like we will have to do a final stand with you doing a dog dare you on the size of the target :wink:

It was a lot of fun reading the posts and I am really looking forward to the next match - maybe I can join some more classes then...

Hubertus