PDA

View Full Version : NRA of Finland

Finn45
08-02-2006, 07:58 AM
There's finally some words in English too, so just for your information:

http://www.nra.fi/pjuk.html

versifier
08-02-2006, 11:19 AM
It's comforting to know things are getting organized over there, and it's good for all of us Americans to be reminded that there's a big world out there where others have to confront the same basic issues of freedom. Politicians and diapers need to be changed regularly, for the same reason.

floodgate
08-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Finn45:

WOW! That's a powerful statement and some great history; thanks for passing it along. Is membership open to non-Finnish shooters, and would it help for some of us to join up? Daughter is off to Finland next week; we look forward to her photos and experiences.

Doug

Buckshot
08-03-2006, 03:10 AM
..............Very cool! Have you joined yet? Give me an address and the price for a membership.

.................Buckshot

Finn45
08-03-2006, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the interest! I'm becoming a member alright and made few suggestion for them regarding membership; I think it should be available as an associate membership without magazine and with reduced fee like NRA of A has. They said foreign membership is not technically possible yet, but later this year it most likely is.

Ola
03-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Pumped in to this old thread. Maybe you would like to hear what happened?

We really needed (still do) to organize but the NRA of Finland lost it. In this country organization named NRA was a bad idea from the start. The non-gun-owning public just laughs at it.

Even majority of the gun owners do not like the NRA of Finland anymore. I'd say that 95 % of gun owners would not join it currently. They seem to be embarrassed of it's "bad behavior". In resent times the only time NRA of F got some publicity was when they made fools of them selves during the presidential campaign. They made some stupid accusations about one of the candidates. The accusations were so stupid that no one would have cared, but the media used NRA to help that candidate to get more votes from people who do not like NRA. And there is lots of them.

In addition of making this kind of mistakes the NRA of F has done it's own share of name calling and other childish stunts. So, when it is actually "lobbying" something, the government will not listen because of it. Well, they probably would not listen anyhow because it IS the NRA.

So basically the NRA of Finland has no influence what so ever.

I'm so sorry for that.

1Shirt
03-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Think Versifier stated it on a short, sweet, and simple statement!
1Shirt!