PDA

View Full Version : Track of the wolf????

abunaitoo
05-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Anyone order form Track of the Wolf?????
I wanted to order something from them, but the shipping didn't seem right.
Surface amil to Hawaii?????
Sent them a email asking for a shipping quote.
Never got a reply.
Normally when I send a email question, and don't get a reply, it tells me that it's not a place to do business with.

JRD
05-21-2010, 09:36 PM
I've ordered from them several times with no issues and will order from them again. They have a good website and catalog with good descriptions and pictures of their items.

I can't speak for their email answering though. You could always try calling. The number off their website is 763-633-2500.

Jason

oldUSMCsgt
05-21-2010, 11:12 PM
It's probably been about 12-15 years since I ordered from them (pre-internet days), but they sent a great product for a fair price. Big thumbs up based on my experience.

Muddy Creek Sam
05-21-2010, 11:28 PM
They've always done right by me.

Sam :D

iron mule
05-21-2010, 11:55 PM
been using them for 15 or 20 years never had any trouble with them // did have a couple of things that were damaged in shipment and they had replacements on the way before i had shipped the bad goods back to them at their costs // very good people to deal with
mule

nicholst55
05-22-2010, 04:57 AM
The folks at Track are very good people to do business with. Not always the cheapest, but they treat you right.

Richard B
05-22-2010, 06:58 AM
I have always had good service and quick delivery from them over the last ten years.

AzShooter
05-22-2010, 07:31 AM
They are very good people to deal with. Good luck with your purchase.

Lead Fred
05-22-2010, 09:29 AM
In the decades of muzzleloading, I used to use them. It seems I always could find a better deal else where.

markinalpine
05-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Good place to buy soft lead balls for slugging barrels and cylinders.

Mark :Fire:

JeffinNZ
05-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Great to deal with from New Zealand.

Dean D.
05-22-2010, 03:54 PM
I've dealt with TOW quite a bit in the past year and have no complaints with their customer service whatsoever. Give them a call if they do not reply, they are helpful and courteous on the phone. Doing business with TOW has been a pleasure.

The only down side to shopping from TOW in my opinion is with back-ordering parts. If an item says "Orders accepted" rather than "In Stock" expect a long wait. They will not give an estimate on the waiting time. I think they are at the mercy of their suppliers on this.

jim4065
05-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Never had a problem with 'em. Prices are usually just so-so, but they have real specials and a very good selection of products.

Tom-ADC
05-22-2010, 04:52 PM
They've always done right by me.

Sam :D

+1 always had good luck with them, good prices great product.

Mk42gunner
05-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Give them a call, they have always been helpful when I bought from them.

Robert

Hardcast416taylor
05-22-2010, 06:01 PM
I`ve had no problems with them shipping to this foreign land called Michigan..I guess it depends on what you are looking for as far as merchandise. Yes, their prices aren`t a great deal on some items, but if you can`t get it where you live then so what! I`d send another E-mail or phone them again for a ship quote.Robert

Geraldo
05-22-2010, 06:57 PM
I've never had a problem with them and I will continue to do business with them.

My guess is that a call will answer questions and resolve your issues. Smaller businesses sometimes have some limitations with their ordering software. Not everybody can afford a system like Midway or Grafs.

Dorf
05-22-2010, 09:48 PM
They have an interesting store to visit if you are ever in Elk River.

stubshaft
05-22-2010, 09:53 PM
I've ordered from them and if you live in Hawaii it would behoove you to make it worth your while. I usually wait until I get a decent order together before ordering from them.

They do however have quality items at decent prices.

19112TAP
05-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Great to deal with.

cajun shooter
05-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Call and order the catalog. They are good to deal with.

montana_charlie
05-24-2010, 01:33 PM
This is another 'thumbs up' for Track of the Wolf, but it's kinda long.

A few years ago my wife bought a globe sight (from TOTW) as a Cristmas present for me.
When opened, the card of inserts was missing.

That took some shine off of Christmas, but I contacted them about the oversight. They responded that, while they had more of that sight in stock, they had no more of the inserts. They would have to get resupplied by the manufacturer...and could not estimate the delay.
I really liked the sight...and it's price...so I elected to keep it, and wait.

After a 'long time' passed, my wife wrote an email 'whining' about me being unable to shoot with my 'Christmas present' because of having no inserts...not even a few old, used ones.
TOTW sent a selection of used inserts as a 'loaner set' pending arrival of the real thing.

I did some internet sleuthing on my own. I learned that Smith Enterprise (the maker of the sight and inserts) had shut down all of it's civilian output. Instead, all of their capability was devoted to military contracts during a time when Iraq was at full boil.
I came to believe that I would never see the Smith's inserts.

After a period which may have been almost a year, a set of inserts arrived in the mail. They were exactly like they should be, but didn't carry the Smith's name and logo.

Track of the Wolf had acquired the manufacturing rights to those inserts, and were producing them in-house. They couldn't get inserts for me...so they made them.

I don't remember if they asked, or not, but I did return the 'loaner set' intact...

CM

abunaitoo
05-25-2010, 03:04 AM
I'm glad all of you have had good luck with this company.
With all the good service you all have had, I can't understand why it is they didn't even have the courtesy of responding to my email.
All I wanted to do was give them money for some parts.
I just needed clarification on the shipping charge.
I hope it's not just because I'm in Hawaii.
I know of some companies that don't want to deal with us here.
I can only hope someone who works there is a member of this fourm and reads this.
I'll never buy from them.