PDA

View Full Version : My Mother-In-Law has passed away

BigBill
05-20-2010, 10:44 AM
I know that son-in-laws don't usually speak highly of their mother-in-laws but I will. My mother-in-law, Mary Montgomery was co-owner of Kodiak Gun Shop for 30+ years and I was lucky enough to meet my wife inside her gun shop. Mom was neat woman with a heart of gold. She was diagnosed with fourth stage ovarian cancer in 2008. She went through two major surgeries and two bouts of chemo and the only time I heard her complain was when she lost her appetite. My wife and I sold our house and moved in with her to keep her from going into long term care. Mom lost her battle with this disease at age 67, on May 12th when she passed away in her sleep. I now pray every night that the void in my wife's heart will be filled with happiness. Mom was a dear woman and will be missed greatly.

BigBill

Dframe
05-20-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

05-21-2010, 01:38 AM
your mama was a good woman i'll pray for her and the rest of your family.

Dean D.
05-21-2010, 03:05 PM
I am sorry to hear of you and your wife's loss Bill. Thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Stick_man
05-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, Bill. I went through nearly identical circumstances a year ago when I lost my mother-in-law. Your "mom" was very lucky to have somebody close to her to spend that last stage of her mortal life with. Cherish the time spent with her and the memories that were shared.

God Bless!

Steelbanger
05-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Your mother-in-laws story parallels that of my late wife. Terrible situation to witness when a loved ones life is ending.

You and your wife have my deepest sympathy. Feel proud that you did everything you could to help, right to the end.

Frank

BigBill
06-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Thenk you all for your kind words. My wife and I greatly appreciate it. It has given us some much needed comfort over the last month.

Bill

mroliver77
06-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Bill,
I dont know how I missed this. Condolences to wife and you. I want to say that I really respect you for taking care of her at her home. My Ma was ill a short time before passing and I had to take care of a couple messes and clean her house etc. Most of my siblings said if it came to her not being able to live alone the home would be her future. Not while I still have breath in me! Mom raised me as a kid and put up with a lot of shenanigans through my young adult life and still loved and supported me.Moms are special. Oh ya, I loved my Ma in law dearly and even though she is an ex MIL now I still love her.
Jay