PDA

View Full Version : what else do i need?

sergeant69
05-18-2010, 06:41 PM
haven't cast since the 1970's. have an electric pot but molds long gone. looking at a saeco sizer/luber and molds for .44, .45acp, .40 s&w, .30 cal. i believe in paying once and crying once but do i really need the good stuff (saeco)?. will be mostly for security in case components get scarce again (think primers). am not rich but i really hate junk tools. i have about 100 lbs of wheel weights and a few rolls of soilder (sp ?). don't remember % of soldier to lead etc etc. any help/advice appreciated. THANKS

Edubya
05-18-2010, 08:43 PM
My first piece of advice is for you to start reading a whole bunch. This site will answer more questions than you can ask. You can start with this thread: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=83540 Another new member that has been doing some reading and getting his stuff together.
I agree wholeheartedly with buying the good stuff and bypassing the hardly usable. Have you taken the time to look at the "Group Buys"? We have a couple of members that are making some mighty good moulds and through the GB we are buying a good sum, therefore getting a sizable break on cost.
sergeant69, in which state you located? That is always good to add to your profile, someone else with all of the equipment up and running might be near by and would volunteer some time to get you on the right road in short order.
Good luck,
EW

sergeant69
05-19-2010, 12:36 AM
tried to register for the group buy but says i am violating the PK constraint or something like that despite i am entering true infor. frustrating!

SciFiJim
05-19-2010, 01:38 AM
sergeant - it often gives that error to new registers. Try to log in with the user name and password that you entered the first time. It will probably work for you.

Also, check out the group buy forum on this site. Some honchos don't list their group buys on the group buy site and handle everything with private messages (PMs). I use both methods.

Edubya
05-19-2010, 04:22 PM
You can buy direct from Mihec @: http://www.mp-molds.com/
EW