PDA

View Full Version : Tumbling boolits

PAT303
05-18-2010, 02:45 AM
Well the saga with my swiss federalstutzen continue's,I bought an RCBS mold that is the correct dia and weight as the original boolit but it's 1/8th of an inch longer an every one of them tumbles.I shot today and all 20 boolits went through the target sideways regardless of powder charge so thats another $110 down the drain.I do have a mold that throws boolits that are .200 shorter and they go through straight but they just don't shoot a group,the rifle is in perfect condition with a perfect bore but doesn't want to shoot.Does anyone want to swap a 40 boolit old 350grn .410 dia mold with a 300grn model. Pat

Bob Krack
05-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Well the saga with my swiss federalstutzen continue's,I bought an RCBS mold that is the correct dia and weight as the original boolit but it's 1/8th of an inch longer an every one of them tumbles.I shot today and all 20 boolits went through the target sideways regardless of powder charge so thats another $110 down the drain.I do have a mold that throws boolits that are .200 shorter and they go through straight but they just don't shoot a group,the rifle is in perfect condition with a perfect bore but doesn't want to shoot.Does anyone want to swap a 40 boolit old 350grn .410 dia mold with a 300grn model. Pat
Pat,
I am not familiar with the firearm but I know if the length of the projectile is the ONLY culprit, you could have the mould shortened some(?) and mayhaps "cure" the problem.

Bob

PAT303
05-25-2010, 01:18 AM
Thats what I'm doing.I hope it shoots as I've spent more time and money on this one rifle than all the others combined.It is a pretty rifle but mate it needs attention. Pat