PDA

View Full Version : Glue stick wadcutters 45ACP

Shooter6br
05-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Saw an article on a web site on glue gun bullets for 45ACP. You take 1/2 glue sticks put them in a modified 45ACP case( primer hole drilled to .125 in) use large rifle primers( i use large pistol due to misfires) push stick into case( with a little lube I use imperial sizing wax) then cut flush with case using razor knife.THEN prime( if primed ahead of this step air pressure can make it hard to seat wad. i use a cardboard backstop. See aticle on Ammosmith.com .Does smell if area not well ventilated area. Shot in Sig 250 Distance 15 ft

Lavid2002
05-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Very cool : D

Why do you need to mod the flash hole though? I have heard of people doing it without doing that...News to me

-Dave

RayinNH
05-13-2010, 12:51 PM
You have to be careful you don't mix the cases with your boolit/bullet cases though...Ray

ANeat
05-13-2010, 12:58 PM
There are rubber bullets and plastic bullets available as well. These days Im not sure if I would want to waste primers doing that.

If I recall drilling out the flash hole helps prevent the primer from backing out when fired.

A lot of guys here also cast bullets using hot glue in their molds

jhalcott
05-13-2010, 01:43 PM
casting hot glue bullets works. So does shooting them, even though you must MANUALLY WORK THE SLIDE!

Buckshot
05-14-2010, 01:27 AM
............Check the Classics and Stickies for more Gloolit boolit shooting :-) Guys around here have been shooting and casting them for a good 4 years or so.

..............Buckshot