PDA

View Full Version : kudo's to Cabine Tree ! ! !

Chapped Lips
05-11-2010, 04:35 PM
i ordered from jim cornaggia @ www.castingstuff.com one of their standard lead testers via the us mail about wednesday of last week and had the puppy at my gate last nite (monday)......i know there was express shipping involved but that's dog-gone quick response.....from NM to WA back to NM.....shades of the pony express.:Fire::Fire:[smilie=2:

i posted several weeks ago about which lead tester folks preferred (i'm a *** and wanted some push as to you guys' opinions).....and decided to try jim's product.....i'll keep ya posted -if ya like- about my experiences.....but it's a solid chunk of gear....

again....thanx to jim.

Wots
08-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Hello

I am in the market for a lead hardness tester so I thought I'd ask how is the Cabine Tree working for yea

Thanks

captaint
08-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Lips - I asked the same questions you did and bought the Cabin Tree. I am really happy with mine. Very repeatable. I would recommend one to anybody in the market. enjoy Mike

damron g
08-15-2010, 12:28 PM
I am in the market for a lead hardness tester so I thought I'd ask how is the Cabine Tree working for yea

Thanks[/B][/QUOTE]

I have one and its very repeatable.the only thing i did was to make a paper ring outside the dial indicator with BHN readings so i don't have to refer to a chart.Jim occasionally shots my CBA match and he is a gentleman and very modest cast bullet expert.

George

beanflip
08-15-2010, 12:38 PM
I have a Cabine Tree hardness tester too and if I didn't.... just simple way its tests and operates would make me buy one!!!!

Need to post some pics of that dial

Kudo's to Cabine Tree !!!!!!!

Jim

damron g
08-15-2010, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=
Need to post some pics of that dial /QUOTE]

crude,but it works.I made the paper ring then marked the BHN readings from a bunch of samples.I intend to make a better one someday..maybe.

if the tool has a flaw its that i cant sample smaller bullet(under .35 or so) without using a spacer to get them closer to the indenter.And now that i have a "V" block it works better than how it was sent to center the sample. I use the tool with it at all times as i mainly test bullets rather than "slugs"

George

cajun shooter
08-16-2010, 09:54 AM
I just placed a marker between the 65 and 75 and with a quick glance I can see if it is in cowboy range.

Chapped Lips
08-20-2010, 05:15 PM
my apologies to those who asked me of my opinion.....i just didnt see those replies....

i LOVE it....i purchased it for the sole purpose of determining the hardness of my ingots.....i'm new in this game and havent really done a lot but i feel this tool is worth the investment....with it you can eliminate some questions / doubts when making bullets....boolits.....i believe knowing the hardness of your ingots (mix,if you will) is important.....

i have had a couple of ques and jim at cabine tree answered them.....good product in my opinion.[smilie=w: