PDA

View Full Version : Lee Loader in 375 Winchester??

Hackleback
07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Were the Lee Loaders made in 375 winchester?

These are the little reloading kits that are hammer driven; resize the case by driving it into the sizing die with a hammer. If so I am in the hunt or one.:Fire:

Thank you

Scrounger
07-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Were the Lee Loaders made in 375 winchester?

These are the little reloading kits that are hammer driven; resize the case by driving it into the sizing die with a hammer. If so I am in the hunt or one.:Fire:

Thank you

Don't know if they ever made them in that caliber or not, but Lee still makes a hand operated press/tool that uses regular dies and shellholders. It is light and as portable as the LeeLoaders and sells for less than $20. Here's a link to one at Midway: http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=410804

Hackleback
07-26-2006, 10:51 PM
I have one of the hand presses and they are....handy:roll: . I have been known to sit in front of the TV and resize brass.
I have a co-worker that has a 375 and am assisting with a source of reasonably priced ammo. He is one that shoots a couple times right before deer season to sight in, one or twice during the season. Though the Lee Loaders are slow for volume loading, I think it will fit his needs perfectly. If it was me, I would have no problem going the route you describe. If you have to buy all the equipment, it can get expensive quickly. Even with one on the basic reloading kits, one can be into $100 quickly. I was hoping that I would be able to pick a Lee Loader for $20-$40. They are simple, compact and all you need is there. You just need to add components.

A bit long winded....

Thanks

Ranch Dog
07-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Yep... They made one in 375 Win... I've got one. I've got one for every one of my levergun calibers, even 450 Marlin. I bought that one from a fellow that had special ordered it while they still did SOs for the kits. I wouldn't head out on an extended hunting trip without it for the caliber of rifle I'm hunting with.

I purchased the 375 Win kit off eBay for less that $15. You might want to watch eBay, AuctionArms and GunBroker. You can put together a search that will send you an email when a "375 Win* Lee Loader" is listed.

Skipper
02-06-2015, 03:27 PM
Hurry up!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-improved-lee-loader-in-hard-to-find-375-winchester-/321655892464?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae42f69f0

Dave Bulla
02-07-2015, 06:57 AM
That's a sweet set! The "improved loader" versions are probably about the best they made besides the "zero error target loader". I really like the flair/crimp tool and of course the hand primer eliminates the issue many people have of being afraid to hammer on a primer to seat it. This kit still only neck sizes the brass like a standard kit but if you see one that looks identical only is marked "unitized" loader, that one full length sizes. It's the ONLY kit they made that full length sizes. I've got a standard kit in 375 that I bought when I was about to commit to buying a rifle but the deal on the rifle fell through so now I just have the loader. Still plan on getting the rifle some day though. I hear brass is near unobtainium level hard to find.

I'd expect that loader to end up at a minimum of $40 and possibly near $60 if the right people see it. Anything under $40 will be a bargain.

gwpercle
02-12-2015, 06:31 PM
If you can't get a Classic Lee Loader in 375 Win. the hand press would be a good alternative. It eliminates the hammering, I have to go outside to reload "whack-a-mole" style, but the hand press is OK inside.
Interested to see how much the one on ebay goes for. 3 days left and it shows $ 26.00 right now.
Gary

Geezer in NH
02-19-2015, 03:14 PM
I believe a 38/55 will work as it is the same case but longer

MarkP
02-19-2015, 03:31 PM
The Lee hand press is very handy; When I travel for work if I do not fly, I will bring my hand press and size and flare brass while in the hotel room.

Ramslammer
02-22-2015, 03:50 PM
G'Day
What about a Lyman 310 in 38/55 that should work.
Juddy

RobertS
02-22-2015, 06:48 PM
I was thinking (actually wondering) the same thing.