PDA

View Full Version : That's More Like It

JohnH
07-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Well, I just walked in the door after shooting my 375 JDJ for the first time in a month. 5 shots rewarded me with a very solid 1 1/2" group at 75 yards. Group was in the same point of impact as when last I shot. Didn't clean anything or nuthin. Was even a smatterin of powder bunnies left from the last shooten, and I just shot right over 'em. Load was the usual suspect of the Lyman 379449 sized at .377 over 40 grains of 7383, and lit with Federal Gold Match 210's. I figure velocity to be circa 1800-1900 fps. Last several times I shot this load 20 rounds would form a 2 1/4" group at this range. Should work fine for these smallish whitetails we have around here. Am presently enjoyin' a porter I brewed up during my hiatus, sometimes getting away from things is the answer most needed.

Buckshot
07-28-2006, 01:47 AM
...................Good work John. Even poor results can be educational but it sure is a rosy feeling when things do well. Especially on another try that proves it a correct change.

................Buckshot

Bass Ackward
07-28-2006, 08:36 AM
Last several times I shot this load 20 rounds would form a 2 1/4" group at this range.

John,

I figure that that outfit will continue to improve for awhile. It is going to take some time for lead to smooth over your .... patch work lap. Most people lap until they get what they want. What you may need to consider is that you will open another .0005, so you might benifit from a slightly larger slug at some point in the future. Then that may drop well below an inch at that distance. Bottom line, is there are good days ahead. :grin:

You have come a long way huh?