PDA

View Full Version : Charlton Heston: A Torch With No Flame

Recluse
05-04-2010, 10:19 AM
This should not only be a sticky here, it should be a sticky on every single gun-related forum found on the internet.

Sadly, there will even be those here who will watch this, say, "That was really good," and then promptly forget it.

http://la-gun.com/videos/torch/

I miss Mr. Heston. A lot.

:coffee:

ole 5 hole group
05-04-2010, 12:12 PM
You're probably right Recluse, but each of us has the responsibility to pass the torch to our children & grandchildren and then be proactive whenever the opportunity arises. We are fighting an uphill battle but quitting isn't an option.

RBak
05-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Well, I did watch it and I did say, "That was really good!", but I'm not likely to forget it.... In fact, I am sending that link to everyone in my address book.

Can't rightfully explain why I've never seen that before, but it was new to me, and it raised some very familiar feelings from deep inside. Maybe, just maybe, it will do the same for a few others.

Thanks for sharing.

Russ

Rockydog
05-04-2010, 09:43 PM
If we all act upon this by taking just one non shooter to the range every year we could have a huge impact. I've tried this every year for the last 10 years. Did they all go on to be regular shooters? Nope but at least 3 have since purchased new guns and shoot at least a couple of times a year. All were impressed by the friendliness and encouragement of the other shooters present. Most expressed a new appreciation for our fraternity. These won't be volunteers by the way. You've just got to watch who listens when you are in a conversation about shooting at work or parties. A single question might be the opening you need. Give it a try. You'll be surprized. Rockydog

mooman76
05-04-2010, 10:15 PM
The trick is to talk someone into going that has never shot before. I have yet to see a new shooter after shooting say they didn't like it. I know there are some but most will walk away feeling good about it and want to do it again. Just don't be a butthead like some you see on you tube that think it's funny to mess with a new shooter and end up having them walk away hateing it.