PDA

View Full Version : An untapped source of gas check material

ghh3rd
05-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Can you imagine working at the factory that makes these disposable aluminum cooking sheets?
They must cut a zillion little circles [gas checks] a day :mrgreen:

Wonder if anyone who works there shoots and realizes they could make some nice gas checks?

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq226/ghh3rd11/IMG_3155.jpg

Shiloh
05-04-2010, 06:00 AM
Ya mean you didn't punch the pretty design on the roaster??:kidding:

Shiloh

Calamity Jake
05-04-2010, 08:14 AM
"They must cut a zillion little circles [gas checks] a day"

Yap and I'll bet not a one of em is the right dia. for any given caliber gas check!!!

And all them holes in each pan are punched at one time.

RayinNH
05-04-2010, 08:21 AM
[QUOTE=Calamity Jake;
Yap and I'll bet not a one of em is the right dia. for any given caliber gas check!!!
.[/QUOTE]

Time to come up with a new wildcat caliber, the .28 Zipper Roaster :-P...Ray

Hickory
05-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Maybe you could have the owner off the company punch them out at a certian diameter and you could buy them.
Henry Ford requested that parts shipped to him be shipped in a crate of a certian size and the boards were used for the running board of his model T's.

Something for someone out there to think about.

Milltown353
05-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Maybe you could have the owner off the company punch them out at a certian diameter and you could buy them.
Henry Ford requested that parts shipped to him be shipped in a crate of a certian size and the boards were used for the running board of his model T's.

Something for someone out there to think about.

The Israel's did that when there government order a bunch of Mac trucks. The guy selling them didn't understand why the wanted them shipped in massive wooden crates. The had to explain it to him that once they took the trucks out they were going to build house with the wood.

That company could turn waste into profits with a little tooling.

Baron von Trollwhack
05-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Well, what is the hole diameter? My pat Marlin 30 caliber checkmaker punches holes right at .04" BvT

sirgknight
05-04-2010, 11:34 AM
I would like to believe that the material from those punch-outs is recycled to make more pans. If not, then someone is dropping the ball when it comes to resources. I'll be looking for one of those pans to replace my homeade sifting pan.

ghh3rd
05-04-2010, 12:43 PM
The larger holes are .345