PDA

View Full Version : Guys going to Camp Perry

Johnch
07-24-2006, 07:15 PM
I live 20 min away .
I would love to meet some place and do a little BSing over a drink or a bite to eat .

Pm or Email me when and where Or I can give you my phone number.

I got to get there one of these evenings for primers , and see if Pat's is there with some surpluss powder :roll: :roll:

Johnch

danski26
07-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Next year maybe. Not in the cards this year!

Jack Stanley
07-27-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm likely to make it in one day , not sure which one . I just like to see vendors row and look around a little .

Jack

Hip's Ax
07-29-2006, 08:57 AM
I just got back from Perry last night. Fin Feather and Fur had the best deal on Winchester LR primers and I also got a pound of 2400 from them. Being the smallbore phase there isn't a lot of heavy reloading suppliers there yet but then again those dealers that do carry reloading supplies are well stocked for rifle supplies as the pistol guys are the only smokeless reloaders to get there before you. Couldn't find any 3031 but there was plenty of everything else, if one place doesn't have what you're looking for walk next door! Bought a Harrell's powder measure from Sinclair, something I've lusted after for years. The nationals is a kind of perfect existence, shoot all day, shop on commercial row, head home to eat and clean your rifle and then your buddies are there to drink beer with! :-D

Char-Gar
07-31-2006, 10:58 AM
I made the pilgrimage to Camp Perry several times in the early 60's. Got to meet a number of the great men's of American rifle shooting. I also like shooting all of that Govt match ammo. You could draw a national match rifle, shoot with it and buy it and take it home if you wanted. I don't know if you can still do those things or not.

PatMarlin
08-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Probably not Charles. You guys have lived the best of the best in those days, and earned it. I was born when you started castin', and was to small to hold up a Garand back then.. :mrgreen: