PDA

View Full Version : Paypal says I can't pay Mia with ...

Wayne Smith
05-02-2010, 08:06 PM
my credit card?? I did last time, and just payed an eBay bill that way a few minutes ago.

Has something happened with international payments and credit cards? Mine on record is Visa.

mike in co
05-02-2010, 08:21 PM
why support the the anti gun crowd ?

if they see anythign gun related in your transaction you can easily be up a creek.

anachronism
05-02-2010, 09:19 PM
They probably found out it's gun related.

a.squibload
05-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Try gunpal.com or revolutionmoneyexchange.com

WallyM3
05-02-2010, 09:41 PM
PayPal doesn't immediately know that a transaction outside of eBay (they own PayPal) is firearms related. So a transaction will get through until they figure it out. This is true with most e-transfer services.

Meg Whitman [I call her Meg Whitless] (former CEO of eBay) is running for political office in Kalifornia, and thought it best to strike an anti-gun posture while there as a useful "point-to" at election time.

Enter GunPal. They had some minor teething problems early on, but all the transactions as a buyer and seller on (the "A" rated gun auction site) have been mostly seamless.

Take a look at their site via Google. Just type in "GunPal".

montana_charlie
05-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Paypal says I can't pay Mia with ... my credit card??
When you tried to make the payment with your credit card, what was the message which told you could not do it?

CM

imashooter2
05-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Users need to specify that they will accept credit card payments since there are additional fees. Perhaps Mia doesn't want to take credit card payments...

SciFiJim
05-03-2010, 12:16 AM
GUNPAL is only available in the US. I emailed customer service about it, to be able to take payments from other countries. So far, No Go.

I have to echo Montana Charlie. What message did you get when you tried to use a credit card?

I know Miha takes PayPal for ease of use. It is the easiest way to move money around the world.

Wayne Smith
05-03-2010, 07:52 AM
It never went to the pay screen with my credit card on file. I put in my password and the next screen had a separate bar across the top that said that I could not pay with my credit card. The rest of the screen was the sign-up for a bank account. I've seen that before but there was always an option to go to my card and make the payment. This is the first time I've seen the message that I can't make the payment with my credit card.

Wayne Smith
05-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Today it let me pay just like it always has. Who knows what's going on in the electrons? There is a new TRON coming out, after all.

montana_charlie
05-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Perhaps you were attempting to send a credit card payment to a party that doesn't accept credit cards...or to a party that only accepts payments from 'verified' accounts.
If PayPal has no bank information from you, you are not 'verified'...as I understand it.
CM

Changeling
05-03-2010, 02:03 PM
I had tons of trouble with Pay pal, somehow they got hold of my savings account number and started withdrawing my ebay stuff from it instead of a checking account number I gave them. I tried and tried to get them to stop to NO avail.

Finally I had to write a letter to my bank and have them totally banned from that account to keep them out of it!!!!!!

I do not use them anymore whatsoever, if someone doesn't want to sell something to me because I won't use Pay Pal, thats fine. There are other places to buy anything.

Wait till you try to drop your account with them, you'll be pulling your hair out.

montana_charlie
05-03-2010, 03:00 PM
somehow they got hold of my savings account number and started withdrawing my ebay stuff from it instead of a checking account number I gave them...
“Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world..."
I wonder how they got the exact number of your savings account...

CM

geargnasher
05-03-2010, 03:12 PM
why support the the anti gun crowd ?

if they see anythign gun related in your transaction you can easily be up a creek.

+1!

I won't use the ba$tards anymore since I found out their stand on the second amendment.

I can't believe anyone else, especially those donating money to pro-second amendment groups like NRA, GOA, etc., would donate 3% of a transaction to the ANTIS, which is what you're doing every time you use PayPal.

Gear

Wayne Smith
05-03-2010, 06:15 PM
How else am I gonna pay Mia in Slovenia? I know no other way to do international payments from home.

Matt_G
05-03-2010, 06:43 PM
How else am I gonna pay Mia in Slovenia? I know no other way to do international payments from home.

When I paid Miha for the H&G 503 HP mould about 3 months ago, I used GunPal.
Didn't have any trouble at all and they didn't want to verify my bank account like PayPal does.
(I don't want PayPal to have a "hook" into my bank account...)

pressonregardless
05-03-2010, 07:10 PM

I think at one time Western Union had something called Bidpay or something like that. Western Union has offices in many countries.

Might work.

HangFireW8
05-03-2010, 07:25 PM
my credit card?? I did last time, and just payed an eBay bill that way a few minutes ago.

Has something happened with international payments and credit cards? Mine on record is Visa.

In the US there is an annual limit on the total you can put on a credit card. That is because credit card users are able to use their Visa or MC dispute mechanisms to get money back out of paypal when ripped off, and paypal wants to minimize that as exposure much as possible.

That is why the desperately, desperately, desperately want your bank account number. Of course, they don't want to be regulated as a bank, or a credit card....

-HF

SciFiJim
05-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Wait till you try to drop your account with them, you'll be pulling your hair out

I have a separate checking account just for PayPal. No other accounts at that bank. I also don't keep any money in PayPal. When I receive a payment, I immediately move it to the bank and withdraw the cash as soon as it is available. When I pay through PayPal I use a credit card for the protections that Visa offers.

fivegunner
05-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I just paid Miha, by visa worked good half a hour ago.:Fire:

a.squibload
05-04-2010, 03:35 AM
I have a separate checking account just for PayPal. No other accounts at that bank. I also don't keep any money in PayPal. When I receive a payment, I immediately move it to the bank and withdraw the cash as soon as it is available. When I pay through PayPal I use a credit card for the protections that Visa offers.

You worry too much, I've left well over four dollars in my Paypal account
for more than a month, nothing bad happened.

Good idea about the separate account, I'm a little shy about letting them
have my number. I only use 'em for Fleabay 'cause it's easy. Think I'll
start using a CC for them like you suggest, and start a different bank account.

Three-Fifty-Seven
05-04-2010, 08:43 AM
When I paid Miha for the H&G 503 HP mould about 3 months ago, I used GunPal.
Didn't have any trouble at all and they didn't want to verify my bank account like PayPal does.
(I don't want PayPal to have a "hook" into my bank account...)

He told me I could not use gunpal . . . I ended up using paypal . . .