PDA

View Full Version : Garage sale score

DLCTEX
05-01-2010, 03:33 PM
I took my wife to our small town's City Wide Garage Sale to shop for some furniture items. I found a Mec super sizer and a pound of powder plus two bags shot. He wanted $175 for the Mec that looked like new and had 4 charge bars. (12 ga.) That was a good deal, but I'm shotshell loader poor. I did get a new can of Red dot and the shot (#4 and #7 1/2) for $30 total. I may have bought the loader and sold my 12 and 20 600 Jrs to cover it, but the wife gets squirrely on me. I may find the guy and make a deal yet. We did get the furniture items she wanted for our son's apartment (college kid). I also got a bunch of the decorative tins like fruit cake comes in for storing brass and bullets. The 12" ones stack up nicely and at 25 cents each were a bargain. Then we did the antique car show and ate some good pulled pork sandwiches on Cuban bread.

Buckshot
05-04-2010, 01:35 AM
................Sounds like a fine day all around, the gun stuff aside.

" I may have bought the loader and sold my 12 and 20 600 Jrs to cover it, but the wife gets squirrely on me."

Does that mean you may get into trouble if you spend more time fooling with or looking at gun stuff? :-)

.............Buckshot

DLCTEX
05-04-2010, 08:24 AM
She thinks I have so much gun stuff I can't possibly need any more. Women in general just don't understand NEED.

fishhawk
05-04-2010, 08:34 AM
oh they understand need! like new shoe's to go with a new out fit that she "needs" just there needs and our needs don't quite mean the same thing! steve k

Cactus Farmer
05-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Fish hawk, so your saying it's not just a Texas girl thing? If so then i suspect a foreign "conspearaseay".

Dale, I'm glad to know it happens to other folks too. I did deal on a mold for "her" pistol yesterday and told her it's "her" mold. She said I will still do the casting....sigh.......

fishhawk
05-04-2010, 08:57 AM
they are from different planets than we are! steve k

Matt_G
05-04-2010, 11:24 AM
She thinks I have so much gun stuff I can't possibly need any more. Women in general just don't understand NEED.

Like Steve said, they understand need very well. It's just that they are selective and choose to only understand their needs.
Any money spent on your needs, means less money available for their needs.
Seems the majority of women think this way. Thank God there are exceptions though and my wife is one of them. I'm a very lucky man. She's about as low maintenance as they get.

NSP64
05-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Fish hawk, so your saying it's not just a Texas girl thing? If so then i suspect a foreign "conspearaseay".

I think it started in Kalifornia!!

Seems like they always go messin it up for the rest of us.