PDA

View Full Version : Smoothing a Ruger single action

nighthunter
07-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Does anyone have any knowledge of or can point me in the right direction for information on smoothing up the trigger pull on a Ruger single action. Its chambered in .30 Carbine and will shoot 2 inch groups at 50 yards but it takes a lot of concentration to do because of the trigger. The trigger has a lot of takeup and a catch spot just before fireing. It sorta reminds me of a two stage military trigger but not quite to that extreme. But there is a definate catch spot. Any info will be appreciated.
Nighthunter

StanDahl
07-24-2006, 01:24 AM
You might want to try www.rugerforum.com

There's a section on "Ruger-smithing", and I'd bet the archives could be worth checking out. HTH...Stan

mparks
07-24-2006, 10:27 AM
http://www.cylindersmith.com/triggerspring.html

Bucks Owin
07-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Does anyone have any knowledge of or can point me in the right direction for information on smoothing up the trigger pull on a Ruger single action. Its chambered in .30 Carbine and will shoot 2 inch groups at 50 yards but it takes a lot of concentration to do because of the trigger. The trigger has a lot of takeup and a catch spot just before fireing. It sorta reminds me of a two stage military trigger but not quite to that extreme. But there is a definate catch spot. Any info will be appreciated.
Nighthunter

Go to gunblast.com and do a search for "Poorboy Trigger Job".....

It works for a lot of us Rugermaniacs

Dennis