PDA

View Full Version : I know you like your Ranch Dog molds ...

Jack Stanley
05-01-2010, 09:14 AM
I found the Ranch Dog site and see they are starting a buy for a twenty-two mold . I read through the buy and the design looks nice , he sounds like he demands quality from LEE so I've almost talked myself into one of these .

Here's the question for those in the know , any idea what the wait will look like ?
I haven't been in a buy from LEE for some time and the wait wasn't to bad , I have heard of much worse .

Thanks , Jack

lawhetzel
05-01-2010, 09:52 AM
I plan on getting this mold. I do not need it right now, but would like to have it, if for no other reason than Ranch Dog designs are well thought out. As far as when shipment is anticipated, you can find out more by clicking on the specific mold link and it will bring up his "conditions of the buy" statement. He is in no hurry, neither am I. This is what he says:

"Sorry about the conditions but some of the most dissatisfying experiences in my bullet casting life has been honchoing group buys. This is my buy and you are welcome to join if you are a laid back caster."
I understand and can live with that.

oltimer2
05-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Anybody have any thoughts on how this would work in a ar-15? I really like his molds. Dan

Johnch
05-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Anybody have any thoughts on how this would work in a ar-15? I really like his molds. Dan

Yea , I thought about it

But it might have to much meplate to feed well

But I will be ordering one in about 10 min
I figure it should work great in the 218 Bee

John

cavemike
05-01-2010, 02:14 PM
I participated in the TL-411-255 group buy. Michael ordered the mould from Lee on March 4 and received the moulds from Lee on March 13. I don't know if this was a fluke or not.

I wasn't expecting the moulds to arrive for several to many months.

cavemike
05-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Here is a link to the GB

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,59882.0.html

big dale
05-01-2010, 04:12 PM
What is the Ranch Dog web site. I think I would like to see about getting in on this group buy I think my heavy barrel 700 in 223 needs one of these.

Big Dale

DLCTEX
05-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Google Ranch Dog moulds. $54 + shipping + tax to Tex. Res. 225-50 RD

Jack Stanley
05-01-2010, 09:32 PM
I plan on getting this mold. I do not need it right now, but would like to have it, if for no other reason than Ranch Dog designs are well thought out. As far as when shipment is anticipated, you can find out more by clicking on the specific mold link and it will bring up his "conditions of the buy" statement. He is in no hurry, neither am I. This is what he says:

"Sorry about the conditions but some of the most dissatisfying experiences in my bullet casting life has been honchoing group buys. This is my buy and you are welcome to join if you are a laid back caster."
I understand and can live with that.

Yep , I went to the site and read just that . Not wanting to pester him and make waves I thought I'd ask here because of the many who have past experience . If this is a inappropriate question I do apologize to any I've offended , I know the Wait times can be an issue for some and should have know . I did not mean to inflame and again I'm sorry it did .

I liked the design also it does look well thought out his site gives the impression to me he demands quality . That's good enough for me also but I think I'll back away from this as polite as I can and leave the mold alone .

Thanks for your help fellas , Jack

garandsrus
05-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Jack,

We sent a .22 mold to Lee a year or so ago and they refused to make it saying that 25 cal was as small as they would go (or something like that). I don't know if they have changed their position.

John

DLCTEX
05-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Lee makes the 22 Bator mould for Midsouth, so it's possible.

Jack Stanley
05-03-2010, 08:32 AM
John , I fired the last of the Bator bullets I made from the mold loan program and they did okay but not as well as the 225462 did . I have my own 225415 now they weigh in at fifty-two grains in linotype and I'm on the learning curve of casting with it . A RCBS twenty-two mold is en route so with the Lyman perhaps having a mold only two grains lighter is a bit redundant . After I finish the shooting of the bullets of the loan program and I decide I "need" something lighter than the 225415 I'm sure I can find something else so perhaps I won't be a bother after all .

I hope to try the RCBS 22-55-SP from the program today and the 225353 is after that on the list . I'm hopefull that 353 will work well in my friends hornet because I cast several pounds of that just for him .

Ya know ......... with the time it takes to cast these little buggers , I almost wonder if it wouldn't be as good for me to look for someone who machine casts these . Might be cheaper and easier to buy them unsized or lubed , for whatever reason I don't mind those tasks . Or , I'll just get as used to this as I have a couple other persnickity molds I have .

Jack