PDA

View Full Version : Anybody from the Kansas City area???

Dave Bulla
05-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Hi all.

Fairly new guy here. Been lurking for about a month or two and doing a lot of reading. I've gotten in on a group buy for a 9.3 mold but have never yet melted a chunk of lead. The group buy I'm on won't be done till the end of summer or so but I'm trying to learn some about this casting thing in the meantime.

I was wondering if anyone in the area would be willing to show me the basics some time in the future? I'd like to see some things like smelting, fluxing, casting, lubing, sizing etc etc.

If anyone is interested, drop me a message or reply here and I'll get back with you.

Thanks,

Dave

19112TAP
05-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Hi, Dave

I live about 1.5 + hr drive from KC in upper central missouri. I've been casting for years for BP and about 2 years for cartridge style boolits.

I usually see you at MOJAM but have never introduced my self.

PM me maybe we can talk casting & or archery.

Tom Petty

223tenx
05-01-2010, 09:16 AM
I visited there once and found the Boulevard Brewery had the best unfiltered wheat beer I ever drank. Wish they shipped it east of the Ms.

jdgabbard
05-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I visited there once and found the Boulevard Brewery had the best unfiltered wheat beer I ever drank. Wish they shipped it east of the Ms.

Try CHOC sometime.... Or Marshalls, or (I can go on for quite some time)....

Dave Bulla
05-01-2010, 01:47 PM
"I usually see you at MOJAM but have never introduced my self."

Now the question is.... How the heck would you know who I was? You must be one of them fellers who remembers names real easy. I'm just the opposite. Heck, there are guys I work with and I don't know their name or sometimes just their first name. Usually takes me a long time to get a name to stick.

Anyway, we'll have to get in touch with each other and see what we can arrange.

gifford
05-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Good Afternoon Dave, Tom - yep, it's a small internet world. Good to 'see' ya. PM me at we can visit some more on reloading and archery. Gifford

Pat I.
05-01-2010, 01:56 PM
The Cast Bullet Assoc. is having their national tournament at Pioneer Gun Club this year and if you're not doing anything in Sept. you should take the ride over and shoot the breeze. A BR match isn't exactly a spectator sport but since there's two relays there's always people standing around willing to impress you with their knowledge. Plus what the heck else is there to do in Sept.??

Dave Bulla
05-03-2010, 12:55 PM
TTT for another round.

walker77
05-08-2010, 12:20 AM
I live in Raymore, but im still learning, so im afraid i wouldnt be much help