PDA

View Full Version : Many thanks

Ron
07-23-2006, 12:57 AM
to Marrie and Allen Paine (Deputy Al) for meeting Jenny and I at LAX on Friday morning. Our plane arrived from Oz at about 7.30 am and Allen was there waiting for us after we cleared Customs etc. The photos we had exchanged help making identifying each other a breeze.
We walked a bit, talked a bit had a coffee at Starbucks and by then it was time for us to catch the next flight to Charlotte NC then another to Myrtle Beach SC where we arrived at 10.30 pm. We were compleely exhausted after over 24 hours in the air. Won't do that again!
Just thought I would post this in appreciation of Allen and Marrie going out of their way to make two strangers to your country feel very welcome. We will be catching up with them again after we come back from Canada and before leaving for Oz. I hope that Jen and I might be able to assist members of this board if any decide to pay Melbourne a visit.

Regards to all,

Buckshot
07-27-2006, 03:47 AM
.............At the Burrito Shoot Tuesday Al said he and Marie had a fine time. Way too short though. He'd also mentioned that on your way back home you might have a bit more time. If you could make it to the range I'm sure we could handle the range fees and stand you and your's to a couple burritos.

.................Buckshot

carpetman
07-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Would like to hear from Ron and Dep Al could they understand one another. I have corresponded with David Wallace from down under for several years and I bet with his accent and mine we would need a keyboard to communicate in person.

Ron
07-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Carpetman, no probs with understanding each other, Allen is a refined gentleman as I am even though I speak Australian with a broad Scots accent.

Buckshot, If I can make the Burrito shoot, I think about the 28th August, I will be there but you might have to put it off for a day.

My cousin here in SC has been treating us like royalty. We have seen a bit of the country and of course have been victims to the high humidity here.

We went to NC a couple of days ago where we met TrooperDan (Dan Henson) who looked after us. Had a meal and a drink then out to Fort Bragg. A good afternoon was had and another new friend made. Thanks Dan.