PDA

View Full Version : fedx did me right

Lloyd Smale
04-29-2010, 07:52 AM
I had two guns needing repair a smith ar22 that started going off full tilt and my montado that blew the front blade off. Smith sent me a fedx lable for the ar so i figured i might as well use them to send the handgun to ruger. I thought they were suppose to go by air but the lady filled the tag out and told me 12 bucks and it would be there by friday via ground. I didnt say anything but wondered if she just didnt know the rules. Im a bad boy and often send in gun in flat rate boxes through the po even though its illegal but if this is the case why take the chance.

NVcurmudgeon
04-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Lloyd, I prefer Fedex to UPS because of less anality, faster, often cheaper, and easier to get to from where I live. Still, shipping satisfaction is very dependent upon which Fedex or UPS employee the luck of the draw brings you. I recently sent a pistol to a dealer and had asked at the Fedex office how much. I was told $X for ground service by one employee, but when I came back the next day with the pistol I was forced to pay $3X for overnight air. Luckily, the pistol buyer offered to stand the price increase, so I met him halfway. And they wonder why some of us use creative nomenclature in describing contents!

mike in co
04-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Lloyd, I prefer Fedex to UPS because of less anality, faster, often cheaper, and easier to get to from where I live. Still, shipping satisfaction is very dependent upon which Fedex or UPS employee the luck of the draw brings you. I recently sent a pistol to a dealer and had asked at the Fedex office how much. I was told $X for ground service by one employee, but when I came back the next day with the pistol I was forced to pay $3X for overnight air. Luckily, the pistol buyer offered to stand the price increase, so I met him halfway. And they wonder why some of us use creative nomenclature in describing contents!

precision machined parts.....

3006guns
04-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Lead casting extrusion machine..............

oldUSMCsgt
04-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Galena Delivery System

jbc
04-29-2010, 06:09 PM
toxic heavy metal delivery system ??? maybe not the best description:bigsmyl2:

blackthorn
04-30-2010, 10:15 AM
My experience with Fed-X here in Canada has been positive! UPS on the other hand are a bunch of rip-off artists!!!