PDA

View Full Version : Group buy question

Matt3357
04-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Ok guys, I have a question that may show my ignorance a bit.

Is it legal/acceptable to have a group buy of a bullet that is currently produced by Saeco? The catch is I would like to run it in a lee 6 cavity. It's not as though any money would be made by us, the buyers, but at the same time, Lee would be making money from Saeco's bullet design.

Please set me straight.

Thanks,
Matt

P.S. the bullet I am thinking about doing is Saeco's #354

Blammer
04-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Yes it's fine.

Edubya
04-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Have you talked to Lee about it? They may say, "Sure, fine." They may also tel you that this would require SAECO to sign a release or authorization. There are plenty of moulds out there that have a similar shape, maybe Lee could make something very similar w/o anything else said or done.

EW

crabo
04-28-2010, 10:34 PM
I can't imagine why you would want Lee to do it when we have several doing group buys in much shorter time and better quality molds.

Matt3357
04-28-2010, 10:54 PM
crabo,

I posted this before I did much reading in the group buy section and now understand why I don't see many lee group buys. I think I will eventually go with an NOE mold. He has a 190gr WFN 358 in stock that should work great out of my new 357 max. Now I just have to save my pennies.

Matt

HeavyMetal
04-28-2010, 11:48 PM
I know the members of this site havenot been using Lee for GB's since MiHec and NOE and several others have hit thier stride.

Wonder if Lee's backlog has "gone away"?

Must be strange first they need to beat us off with a stick now they can't even get us to call on the phone!

Out of casual curisoity I'll ask has anyone bothered to call and see if the "weather" has improved at Lee?