PDA

View Full Version : Off to NRA Show next month...need help

ihmsakiwi
04-28-2010, 03:41 AM
Well my annual trip to the USA and the NRA Show (that"s Restaurant not Rifle more"s the pity) in mid-May will take me to Chicago, Elkhorn and Richfield in Wisconsin then off down to Winchester Virginia.
Any likely hot spots I should see or shops to visit?? I am in Winchester on business for a couple of days, as the name implies surely I must be near some "gun-stuff".

I have a good friend in Richfield who is a keen pistol / bow hunter although not sure of the seasons there, however, I am sure if there is a chance we will be doing it.

I am buying a couple of Hornady LNL presses ahead of time from Midsouth and will bring those back with me, apart from the LNL press complete with hopper etc but without the case feeder is there anything else apart from the shell holders, the powder checking die, and the 10packs of the LNL thingies to screw the dies into that I need to buy? I would hate to get it home and be missing some part.

Pity my 7mm 5 banger mold won't be ready for collection whilst I am over there.
Any help or suggestions most welcome. Peter.

mike in co
04-28-2010, 07:05 AM
can you ship stuff back ?
powder and primers are much cheaper here ....

mike in co

Wayne Smith
04-28-2010, 03:29 PM
How long are you in VA and do you have any free time? There are several of us here and might get a chance to meet up. Froggie is in Central Virginia, Andy will be gone back to Penn. by then I think, and I'm over on the coast in Hampton Roads.

shooterg
04-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Gun Show in Richmond VA on May 15-16 !
Also of interest anytime would be the USMC Museum at Quantico.

Blacksmith
04-29-2010, 08:31 PM
National Rifle Association National Firearms Museum in Fairfax, VA. Contains some great firearms including some with roots in the UK.

11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
703-267-1600

MUSEUM HOURS
Open Daily 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Closed Major Holidays

wiljen
04-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Plenty of battlefield museums from civil war battles around VA too