PDA

View Full Version : I've had it!

KCSO
07-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Tonight I gave in to temptation and watched a show on shooting on the History??? channel. Once agan they show some dufus shooting a smoothbore and proving that you can't hit the broad side of a barn. First he loads from the horn and then he fills the pan with 2 f and then he has a massive slow motion flinch and bounces a ball from the ground into the target to, once again prove that smooth bore guns are inaccurate. Holy Moly and this is the same gun i used for ball splits for years. Of course I might not have loaded mine right as mine didn't go woosh boom with the muzzle pointed at the ground?? With this kind of disinformation it's no wonder we aren't recruiting young shooters. Miss a barn at 40 yards? I am amazed.

Frank46
07-22-2006, 02:24 AM
Was that the "sharpshooter" program?. I missed the beginning. Good old Jerry Miculek was there and did some remarkable shooting with the wheel gun. Frank

garandsrus
07-22-2006, 07:28 AM
Frank,

Yes it was.... A pretty entertaining show other than what KSCO mentioned.

John

fatnhappy
07-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Was that the "sharpshooter" program?. I missed the beginning. Good old Jerry Miculek was there and did some remarkable shooting with the wheel gun. Frank

Wheelgun heck, I saw him shooting steel silly wets at 400 meters from the standing position with an AR! I was suitably impressed.

fiberoptik
08-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Wheelgun heck, I saw him shooting steel silly wets at 400 meters from the standing position with an AR! I was suitably impressed.

What's so hard about that? I shot a chipmunk at 300 yds with my m16. Head shot.:Fire:

Frank46
08-09-2006, 02:45 AM
Well I guess that if all of us shot as many rounds as he has then silly wet silhouette steel tagerts at 400 meters would be easy. Not to flame on anyone. Frank

Boz330
08-09-2006, 11:50 AM
I range officered Jerry a number of years ago at a IPSC state championship, and he could shoot and reload a wheelgun faster than a lot of the good auto guys. To say that I was impressed is an understatement. There is no doubt that lots of practice makes a good shooter but there is also natural talent involved as well when you are at his level. When I was serious about pistol shooting I was burning up 20,000 rnds a year and once I got to a certain point the improvement came very slow, which also lead to burnout.

Bob